Co’23 ERAS Panic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
when is it actually time to start worrying? I only have 1 interview so far... (applying IM + neuro)

Members don't see this ad.

when is it actually time to start worrying? I only have 1 interview so far... (applying IM + neuro)

If you have access to Texas Star you can see when most programs send invites. From what I can gather for most specialties the big surge is mid/late October. (50%-60% for most specialties) About 25% of interviews in my specialty don't come out until November or later.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have access to Texas Star you can see when most programs send invites. From what I can gather for most specialties the big surge is mid/late October. (50%-60% for most specialties) About 25% of interviews in my specialty don't come out until November or later.

I agree, just looked at Tx Star, and those numbers are spot on for psch. The numbers drop drastically after the first week of November, with ~ 90% of the interviews having gone out by mid November

The rush of getting an interview invite is intense. After a couple hours the crash is pretty real as you wait for your next one

Reactions: 2 users
does anyone happen to know when interview invites are going out for internal medicine? Somehow, Texas Star is not working for me even though it did before o_O

does anyone happen to know when interview invites are going out for internal medicine? Somehow, Texas Star is not working for me even though it did before o_O
They've been going out. There's a spreadsheet with all the programs that have given invites for IM. Its still early in the cycle (only a week since invites starting going out), so stay hopeful.

Here's the spreadsheet:

For anyone interested here are links to all this years Reddit residency spreadsheets and discords

Reactions: 5 users

Check your email, they sent out a message maybe a couple of weeks back that something went awry, which forced them to make some changes that invalidated the previously sent link. They sent a new link that you need to use to access the updated site.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone had a phone interview? Of note, the program doesn’t use eras. I’m thinking it’s like a screen for the actual interview? But, since they don’t use eras not totally sure???

The idea that some programs are, in fact, doing phone calls gives me anxiety every time I get a number that I know is spam, lol

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't now considered too early ? I was told to send at the end of interview season.
Depends what is meant. If LOI means you’re trying to get an interview, I would say late Oct/early Nov makes sense. If trying to angle to help your rank following an interview (which probably doesn’t work), maybe Jan

Isn't now considered too early ? I was told to send at the end of interview season.
I'm say LOI like letter of interest to get an interview. LOI like letter of intent to your number 1 program would be at the end of interview season.

Reactions: 1 users
Starting to panic quite a bit. USMD Top 15 23x, 25x. Applied to roughly 40 IM programs all but like 2 are academic programs. Have 4 interviews. Quite a few programs I applied to have sent out initial interviews but dates aren't full. 1/7 so far for signaled programs. Anybody else in a similar boat or feeling the same way?

Starting to panic quite a bit. USMD Top 15 23x, 25x. Applied to roughly 40 IM programs all but like 2 are academic programs. Have 4 interviews. Quite a few programs I applied to have sent out initial interviews but dates aren't full. 1/7 so far for signaled programs. Anybody else in a similar boat or feeling the same way?
1666052375587.png

After all you have 10% of the applied programs to interview at!

Psych applicants, how many interviews are you sitting on? Please specify whether you are USMD or US IMG etc.
Anxiety is high here haha, although I am extremely thankful for my 3 interviews as an IMG.

Panicking because I only have 5 interviews. Super stoked about 3 of them because I didnt expect them, and 1 is from my home program.
Usmd, 21x, 23x, psychiatry, applied to 75 (all academic).

Panicking because I only have 5 interviews. Super stoked about 3 of them because I didnt expect them, and 1 is from my home program.
Usmd, 21x, 23x, psychiatry, applied to 75 (all academic).
With ☝️ all that, why are you panicking? The season is far from over.

With ☝️ all that, why are you panicking? The season is far from over.
Honestly, i know part of it is because I joined the discord and saw all the interviews being handed out from programs I signalled and wrote personalized ps to - and another part is massive imposter syndrome and the fear of making the mistake of only applyi g academic

Honestly, i know part of it is because I joined the discord and saw all the interviews being handed out from programs I signalled and wrote personalized ps to - and another part is massive imposter syndrome and the fear of making the mistake of only applyi g academic
I'm right with you on this! But I take a deep breath and say to myself, "This too shall pass". I think it will work out for all of us (in the end).

O nice! How long did it take them to reply?
Some didn’t reply at all. A couple said thanks for the LOI and then I didn’t get an interview lol. One place I sent it and got an interview like 3 hours later, another I didn’t get an interview for 2 weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm say LOI like letter of interest to get an interview. LOI like letter of intent to your number 1 program would be at the end of interview season.
How are you sending them? Through eras to program or emailing PD?

I’m stressing about really preferring to match one of my top 2-3, and hoping I’m not internally disappointed come match day

Reactions: 3 users
I'm stressing about the great unknown. Am I going to match? Where? You name it, I'm stressing about it.

I’m stressing about really preferring to match one of my top 2-3, and hoping I’m not internally disappointed come match day
I removed a program I don’t want from my match . But otherwise I try to do “I’ll match exactly where I am meant to be” attitude … it’s hard though . I am so in love with my top choice … but the way I think - if they don’t want me enough to rank to match, I don’t want them either (some days it helps )

Greatest fear right now is ending up at a program I low ranked. The program isn't malignant or workhorse, but man they sucked. They asked me dumb, irrelevant questions and they were just generally unengaged during the interview. Like what are we even doing here if you don't really care? Don't waste my time

Uninformed relatives guilt-tripping me into ranking as my #1 programs in my home town due to familial duties rather than what I prefer to rank as my #1.

I am soooo over their pressure, and cannot wait to start fresh in a galaxy far far away...

• Haha
Uninformed relatives guilt-tripping me into ranking as my #1 programs in my home town due to familial duties rather than what I prefer to rank as my #1.

I am soooo over their pressure, and cannot wait to start fresh in a galaxy far far away...
dude... DONT give in! do what is best for your career!

My number 1 is an incredibly strong number 1. LIke, no other residency on my list even comes close to the quality, but it is far and i am dreading the move if i (hopefully) match. But thankfully (well, tragically, really), i do not have any family and i am single, so its only my opinion that matters. But it is still so so so so hard. THis process is stressful .I am sorry you have added family pressure on top of that.

Just registered for the Match. It's getting real!😜

Reactions: 6 users
oh my god i am SO SO SO exhausted. Mentally. I just want to be DONE. I almost dont even care where i do......

oh my god i am SO SO SO exhausted. Mentally. I just want to be DONE. I almost dont even care where i do..
As I get older and reflect on life, I have come to the conclusion that getting older eventually exhausts and diminishes you to such a degree that you welcome death. The process of becoming a doctor is not too dissimilar. Just sayin' . . .

• Haha
Finished my 7th audition last week. I’ve finally made to the promised land, the chill part of 4th year!

• Wow