cocteau twins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epidural man

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ya know, I am so glad I have an ipod. It has brought music back into my life. The other thing about it , is how it will sample songs that you would never grab off the shelf if you were tyring to pick a cd to listen to. And then it juxtoposes this song you haven't heard in years with one that is recent. It makes music a completely different experience. I just heard a great song by cocteau twins - I never would have grabbed that CD.

Members don't see this ad.

I have most of their stuff and I haven't listened to them in about a year, all of the sudden I put the "Stars and Topsoil" CD in my car yesterday , just to hear something different ... incredible music

Members don't see this ad :)
was listening to them recently as well. after a while though, i reached for a reliable My Bloody Valentine cd and got the sound i was really looking for.

it's hard to find good new dream pop/shoegazer bands any more. check out the band Track Star's cd "Lion Destroyed the Whole World".

ya know, I am so glad I have an ipod. It has brought music back into my life. The other thing about it , is how it will sample songs that you would never grab off the shelf if you were tyring to pick a cd to listen to. And then it juxtoposes this song you haven't heard in years with one that is recent. It makes music a completely different experience. I just heard a great song by cocteau twins - I never would have grabbed that CD.

How does an ipod allow you to sample music?

Have been using a Dell mp3 player....just bought a Mac laptop so I'm new to the whole apple thing.....

Have been using a Dell mp3 player....just bought a Mac laptop so I'm new to the whole apple thing.....

I think he means sampling from his own collection, as in, I don't know what the hell I want to listen to right now.

Just put the iPod on shuffle, and voila.

I think he means sampling from his own collection, as in, I don't know what the hell I want to listen to right now.

Just put the iPod on shuffle, and voila.

Exactly, that is what I meant. Sorry I wasn't clear, and I mean ipod as in mp3 player, not really meaning apple specific. If you have 200 CDs or so on your mp3 player and listen to them in shuffle, it makes for a great music listening experience that has made music come back to my life in a big way like I was 17 again. I started playing my guitar again and recording stuff because of it. Part of it also is that medical school, internship, then residency has a way to suck the life out of you and make it so that the only conversation you can have is with other doctors about work. I guess I may becoming a real person again and part of that is music.

By the way JPP, welcome to world of macbook or whatever you got. I joined the clan about 1yr ago. I used to hate apple for some strange reason (because that is what windows users do - hate on macs) and I just can't believe how cool my mac is now.