Coding Project vs Research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RNpremed_Nontrad

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a nontrad premed looking to apply in 2025 cycle.

Here is my question:

I have been looking for a research team to join but I have not found the one with the topic that I am very passionate about. During this wild goose chase, I have found my passion in programming and AI. I am an ICU nurse and I feel like I hear about implementation of AI in healthcare all the time. AI in radiology, AI in EP, AI in etc. If I start in August, I think I will be able to pump out several programming projects about image recognition AI (direct correlation to radiology) and algorithm by 2025 cycle.

Should I keep looking for a research team and do a medical research? or should I start working on programming projects that can directly correlate to medical practice?

If you guys have a choice, which one would you pick??

Brutally Honest Response Please.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I am a nontrad premed looking to apply in 2025 cycle.

Here is my question:

I have been looking for a research team to join but I have not found the one with the topic that I am very passionate about. During this wild goose chase, I have found my passion in programming and AI. I am an ICU nurse and I feel like I hear about implementation of AI in healthcare all the time. AI in radiology, AI in EP, AI in etc. If I start in August, I think I will be able to pump out several programming projects about image recognition AI (direct correlation to radiology) and algorithm by 2025 cycle.

Should I keep looking for a research team and do a medical research? or should I start working on programming projects that can directly correlate to medical practice?

If you guys have a choice, which one would you pick??

Brutally Honest Response Please.
Can you elaborate on what a programming project about image recognition is in this context? Also do you have a dataset available and do you have access to GPUs?

Status
Not open for further replies.