Collecting LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Capltd29

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this isn't too dumb of a question. So I'm in my 4th Block of 3rd year rotations and I've had a couple of preceptors agree to write an LOR for me. I'm interested in EM at this point, and none of them are EM physicians/SLOEs, but I may want to have them for other purposes such as for audition rotations that require them, or if I decided I want to go into something different.

How do you guys store LORs? I know ERAS doesn't open up for my year for a while, but are you able to store letters there in the meantime? Do you have the Dean's office store them? I would just rather have them squared away for use later should I need them.

Members don't see this ad.

As far as I know, you can't. It is a pain because the physicians have to upload directly to ERAS with specific cover letters. I did a little tiny bit of digging last year and the end result was that you have to have them write it and then hang on to it until they can upload it. but i may be wrong.

Some audition rotations require a LOR for the audition?

Jeez....

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you use interfolio or does ERAs not accept that?

You may be able to use Interfolio to store them, but I am pretty sure eras requires the letter writer to upload directly. So they would still need to store it. Basically, when eras opens, you request a letter from a specific person on eras which generates a specific cover letter that the letter writer needs to include with their letter. In addition, I think all letters need to be submitted electronically.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks! I may just use interfolio for now. I really just want them for the audition rotations at this point, and hopefully I can get some from those that I can use for ERAS that will carry more weight.