Collegeboard will let me change my name on my AP profile but not my gender...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
(At least not without registering for another SAT exam...)

Will this kill my application? Legit trying not to troll, kind of feel personally attacked / invalidated on all sides as a trans student like my rights don't matter. I really don't want to take two English courses this fall when I could take upper level science courses instead.

Members don't see this ad.

Is there like, case law I can bring against them? I live in New York City with broad access to legal aid. I looked up the NY Human Rights Law but I am not sure if that applies here.

EDIT: is collegeboard a "public accommodation" under the NYC Human Rights Law?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think your gender shows up on your transcript. Even if it's related, your school should be able to accommodate you on their end.

Are you trying to input the AP classes as coursework in AMCAS? If so you don't need Collegeboard involvement. If your undergraduate institution awarded you credit for your AP courses, it will show up on your transcript and be confirmation enough. Enter them as they appear on your transcript. AMCAS also has a video demo on this too.

Reactions: 1 user
Touro College (a DO school) says they might validate coursework with Collegeboard. Do other schools do this?

I received AP credit for my first calculus course and both English courses and no one ever said anything about it on med school apps. I would imagine that ap credit is super common among med school applicants. The credit is granted by your college/uni, not collegeboard itself, so there's no need to go through anyone but the school.