Columbia dental medicine? NYU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jz123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Like many of you here, I am applying this cycle. I am just wondering if anyone who got accepted into columbia or NYU before can post their stats (GPA and DAT score) to give me some hope. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You need some self esteem pills. All your scores all above average and most of your posts are "do I have a chance???"

Like serious take some time off SDN, go to the carribean or cancun or wherever you wish. You need to hop of SDN.
Honestly what do you want to hear?

Hurr durrr I have a near 3.8 sgpa and a 23 AA, gib sum o dat hop pls.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You need some self esteem pills. All your scores all above average and most of your posts are "do I have a chance???"

Like serious take some time off SDN, go to the carribean or cancun or wherever you wish. You need to hop of SDN.
Honestly what do you want to hear?

Hurr durrr I have a near 3.8 sgpa and a 23 AA, gib sum o dat hop pls.
haha, the reason I worried is because I basically don't have many EC's, only 1 sport club, and very little volunteer hours (~20), that is it, if you are in my situation, you may be worried too lol

Reactions: 1 user
haha, the reason I worried is because I basically don't have many EC's, only 1 sport club, and very little volunteer hours (~20), that is it, if you are in my situation, you may be worried too lol

Any shadowing?

Then you should be more focused on asking what their ECs are like as opposed to their gpa and DAT. The most important EC is sdhaowing which I believe you do have.

Now is the time to prep your travel expenses, routes and your interviews. Research your schools, look at past threads on how their interviews are.

Not post on sdn asking about gpas and dats because those two things are history. DONE. Time to move forward!

so far ~90 hours

Good- so it seems like the only thing you're a little light on is volunteering- do you have any research or something that could substitute for that?

Then you should be more focused on asking what their ECs are like as opposed to their gpa and DAT. The most important EC is sdhaowing which I believe you do have.

Now is the time to prep your travel expenses, routes and your interviews. Research your schools, look at past threads on how their interviews are.

Not post on sdn asking about gpas and dats because those two things are history. DONE. Time to move forward!
you are very right man. thanks
i am sorry if my post is bothering you

Good- so it seems like the only thing you're a little light on is volunteering- do you have any research or something that could substitute for that?
I have a year of research experience in chemistry, hope this helps a little bit in my case
one more thing that i am worried about is my 18RC on DAT, I heard most of the schools look at RC

you are very right man. thanks
i am sorry if my post is bothering you

Just trying to steer you into more productive things you could do to have a higher chance of getting into dental school.

Reactions: 1 user