Columbia feedback?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skigirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi -

Has anyone received any feedback from the program director at Columbia? Phone calls? E-mails? Letters?

Please feel free to reply if you have heard of anyone receiving feedback this year or in the past as well...

Thanks for the help!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I got a nice email from him. What did you think about it: the workload, etc?

That's good to know...He has given me positive feedback over e-mail, but he has never used the magic words "we will be ranking you very highly" or "ranking you to match" or whatever. Did he say anything like this to you?

It could be that he's just nor comfortable using that sort of language - I know all program directors are not.

The workload seems pretty steep...But on the other hand, with the new residents they've added, it's certainly not as bad as it used to be. I think the floor months are pretty tough though...A PGY-2 said she comes in at 6am and leaves around 5-5:30 on a non-call day. Honestly, I would love to work less. But Columbia works well for me for a number of personal/logistical reasons with my family, so I am willing to work a little more to be there...

What did you think of the workload?