I'm not sure where to find this answer. I know it may not be available on these boards, but I'm hoping someone can at least point me in the right direction to start looking for it.
I'm a second-year in a very good family practice residency. I have no intention of leaving my program except by graduation, however, I'm becoming less happy with FP as my choice (could just be it's been one of those months) and I'd really like to look into non-FP career options.
Any idea if it's possible, as a third year, to apply to any of these combined FM/IM programs and be accepted to attend there as a fourth year? I'd like to get IM board certified by the least painful way, if that's possible, so that I have subspecialty fellowships as an option. I was interested in onc as a 4th year, but ignored that since I was gung-ho FP all the way. I'd like to have it be possible to pursue onc in the future, now, before mortgage and family make it harder to go back and do more residency.