Come up with a name contest!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ItsOverZyvox

Retired
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you had the "skills" to become a well compensated independent consultant to healthcare organizations to provide expertise in efficiency of everything related to pharmacy operation, what would you name your company?

Winner will get a prize.

TIA.

Members don't see this ad.

PharmaDocs?

I don't know, just throwing a name out without thinking too hard. But it fits, it's a service to "doctor the pharmacy services"

If you had the "skills" to become a well compensated independent consultant to healthcare organizations to provide expertise in efficiency of everything related to pharmacy operation, what would you name your company?

Winner will get a prize.

TIA.

Come up with a name for your company on your own! About as bad as students posting thier homework questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
How about if I name your company, you give me a job?

But let's think here. You'd want to go with something that sounds progressive, intelligent, a name that kinda rolls off the tongue. 2-3 Syllables...begins with a vowel, ends with a vowel...isn't a word, just a phonetic "thing."

Inovene. A mutt of a word implying that you provide "Innovation" when you "Intervene". I'll make you a logo for a signing bonus.

The above is intellectual property, by the way. So if you use it, you owe me somethin'. I'd prolly let the rights go for a candy bar or something.

Come up with a name for your company on your own! About as bad as students posting thier homework questions.

I already have a corporation name. I'm throwing it out there because we can have fun with it. HEck... why don't you come up with it and get a domain address and if I like it, I'll buy it from you... Fool.

But let's think here. You'd want to go with something that sounds progressive, intelligent, a name that kinda rolls off the tongue. 2-3 Syllables...begins with a vowel, ends with a vowel...isn't a word, just a phonetic "thing."

Inovene. A mutt of a word implying that you provide "Innovation" when you "Intervene". I'll make you a logo for a signing bonus.

The above is intellectual property, by the way. So if you use it, you owe me somethin'. I'd prolly let the rights go for a candy bar or something.

Sounds too much like "Cytovene"

Last week I just realized why drug companies named esomeprazole and maalox the way they did. I was very pleased.

Sounds too much like "Cytovene"

I will try and help come with a sweet name, but I honestly want to talk about the approval of dexlansoprazole. I love the innovative nature of the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry. Now I need drug reps to come "educate" me on the new new purple pill..

Also, you catch the JAMA early release study on dexmedetomidine in prolonged ICU sedation today? You are going to need sweet consulting skills to block this windfall opportunity....If I were on your staff, I would start with the fact that the dexmedetomidine patients required more open label midazolam (ie, you don't treat with midzolam, the patient subsequently requires the administration of midazolam). And more hypotension.

You really doing this??? :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I'm always doing stuff.... it's just that I found a huge huge void and disconnect in this particular area of healthcare.. :smuggrin:

It's something all hospital adminstrators give the confused and blank stare with a "help us" look.

Intervate fits the criteria....

Members don't see this ad :)
I will try and help come with a sweet name, but I honestly want to talk about the approval of dexlansoprazole. I love the innovative nature of the industry.

No comment.

Also, you catch the JAMA early release study on dexmedetomidine in prolonged ICU sedation today? You are going to need sweet consulting skills to block this windfall opportunity....If I were on your staff, I would start with the fact that the dexmedetomidine patients required more open label midazolam (ie, you don't treat with midzolam, the patient subsequently requires the administration of midazolam). And more hypotension.

Yes, email box filled with this stuff today.. Not worried about it at all though.

PharmAssist

PharmAid

Posted these because your posts have been helpful to me.

Verivo?

I was gonna say verivox, but that sounds like "berry pox" or "berry fox." It's a weird portmanteau of veritas and vox, so...voice of truth? i dunno.

I will try and help come with a sweet name, but I honestly want to talk about the approval of dexlansoprazole. I love the innovative nature of the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry. Now I need drug reps to come "educate" me on the new new purple pill..

I bet I'd make a good drug rep. I'd have you cautioning people about the dangers of racemic lansoprazole within the hour...

Is it true that you don't need to take it with food?!

Verivo?

I was gonna say verivox, but that sounds like "berry pox" or "berry fox." It's a weird portmanteau of veritas and vox, so...voice of truth? i dunno.

Reminds me of a petroleum company.

Hmmm...you interested in a name where customer knows exactly what you do just by the name?

Or something totally ambiguous/catchy?

It will be..."XXXXXX Consulting Inc" so catchy is good.

Medica = healer
fiat mistura = let a mixture be made

MediFimist

Mike's Consulting Inc
Jim Bob's Consulting Inc
Timothy McVeigh Memorial Consulting Inc

or

Medovene Consulting Inc
PharmCon Consulting Inc

Winner will get a prize.

TIA.

PharmDumb consulting

"Consulting from those people who cant prescribe and dont know anything about healthcare"

that's funny... it's the only place i stay in portland... eat at cafe stroudwater... the filet dish is the best in maine... and the free breakfast is good also! if you get really bored go to platinum plus! :p g/l

Platnium Plus? :smuggrin: I thought that was in Memphis, TN.