Comlex 2 New Average

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

valkener

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Excerpt from most recent SOMA letter:

On September 2nd the NBOME re-released all Level 2CE scores with a new mean, 540 (up from 500) and a new standard deviation, 100 (up from 62) while keeping the passing score at 400. This change affected the score virtually all test takers and I have received a large amount of positive feedback from SOMA members. I will continue to monitor this situation as it progresses, but currently I do feel SOMA effected a positive change for our constituents.

As some of you wrote in a different thread, scores went up for a lot. I'm not exactly sure what to make of the "new mean of 540" and "affect virtually all test takers". I checked to see if my score was adjusted and it's still the same. I took my test in the Spring, so am I compared to a mean of 500 or 540? If it's 540, I am now below mean whereas before I was above??

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes, I did, now listed 44th percentile. Note that you can't even select a date past May 2014. I'm wondering if their converter is f*****.

Last edited: