Command F on the MCAT 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BackpacksMadeByJanSport

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but are we allowed to search for specific words within the passage using the command f find tool (or whatever it is on PCs). I feel this would be a great advantage and I wouldn't have to waste time scrolling through the passage to find specifically what the question is asking, especially w/ CARS.

Members don't see this ad.

This may be a dumb question, but are we allowed to search for specific words within the passage using the command f find tool (or whatever it is on PCs). I feel this would be a great advantage and I wouldn't have to waste time scrolling through the passage to find specifically what the question is asking, especially w/ CARS.

I'm not sure about the 2015 MCAT but I know on the old exam we were NOT able to use the find tool. It was strange because ctrl F would work on the practice exams but was disabled on the actual exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
No. But in the new test, they do make it easier to find specific information in the passage... Can't say anything beyond that.

Reactions: 1 user
I actually tried command + F during the real test and it didn't work. Didn't try alt +f4 though but who knows if that one works :rofl: