Committee Letters through OptomCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dagheloot

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am in the process of completing my school's committee letter application. I was wondering how this would be accepted into OptomCAS and when I called them to ask, the person told me that they DO NOT accept committee letters on OptomCAS and I would need to send it to the school directly o_O. The manager of the committee also called himself and they told him the same thing. Has anyone had any experience submitting a committee letter before? Were you able to do it through OptomCAS? I am now trying to email all the schools to see if they will accept a hard copy of the letter. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Optomcas will accept it, see here: https://portal.optomcas.org/applicants2013/instruction/lor.htm
Look at the second Question in the FAQ on that page.

What you can always do is ask professors to submit on your behalf. This is actually quite strange. Ive heard of schools accepting only committee letters but not the other way around. Maybe try to reach out to some professors or people that would write you the best rec and have optomcas send them the email directly. But instead of emailing, I would call the admissions offices at the schools directly. They should be very responsive to these types of questions and be able to provide you with their suggestion/solution.