Community College?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigtones05

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just graduated from a 4-year school with most of my optometry pre-reqs completed, save for one: Biochem. A community college in my area offers it, so will it be ok for me to take it there instead of at a 4 year school? Or is that not 'good enough' to be on my transcript?

Members don't see this ad.

I just graduated from a 4-year school with most of my optometry pre-reqs completed, save for one: Biochem. A community college in my area offers it, so will it be ok for me to take it there instead of at a 4 year school? Or is that not 'good enough' to be on my transcript?

Phone the schools you are interested in applying to and ask them. Policies and procedures may vary on an issue like that.

I have never heard of a community college offering biochemistry.. so be careful and make sure it transfers as the 300- or 400-level biochemistry.. it might be a lower level biochemistry course for other pre-health majors instead. But if it's the right biochem, definitely take it at community college.. You will save lots of money and most likely learn just as much as any university level biochem class.