Compression socks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The_Rebirth

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've read a couple of threads on them, but I thought maybe there could be an overall guide to them or something?

I haven't bought a pair yet, but do they look just like regular dress socks? I feel like I'd be kind of embarassed wearing them, but then again this is an initial thought. Also, I want them because everyone says they prevent varicose veins and make your legs feel better after a long shift of just standing... So what compression would you all suggest? Also do you eventually have to increase the compression levels?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I've read a couple of threads on them, but I thought maybe there could be an overall guide to them or something?

I haven't bought a pair yet, but do they look just like regular dress socks? I feel like I'd be kind of embarassed wearing them, but then again this is an initial thought. Also, I want them because everyone says they prevent varicose veins and make your legs feel better after a long shift of just standing... So what compression would you all suggest? Also do you eventually have to increase the compression levels?

Thanks.

I would not wear compression socks or stockings unless you have an indication. I have stood on my legs for almost 35 years and I don't have varicose veins....

I have one pair, I usually reserve them for when I'm working several days in a row like picking up a shift or something like that. My legs usually don't hurt during my regular schedule, but occasionally do after a long string of days. They seem to help. Downside is that your feet will sweat like crazy.

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks.

I had a reduction when I was 23. As I was overweight, I was asked to lose a certain amount to see if I got smaller chest before surgery.

I'm intrigued to know why you're planning on wearing compression stockings. More than being supplementary to varicose vein treatment, I find it to be complementary. If you've had an EVLT done for varicose veins on yourself, compression stockings can very well aid you in faster recovery.

There might be an initial adjustment period, but in the end you'll definitely see the benefits. Most doctors nowadays advise patients to get compression stockings after varicose vein treatments and literature available on the subject seems to suggest that the benefits they provide are manifold. Let us know how it goes. And also, as you'll be measured for it you wouldn't have to worry about the levels. Just ensure that its loose at the top and tighter as it moves towards the foot.

I know they come in black and honestly nobody would notice you're wearing them.

I would not wear compression socks or stockings unless you have an indication. I have stood on my legs for almost 35 years and I don't have varicose veins....

What's your secret? Do you blast glutes and thighs every Tues and Thurs. Yaaa.

giphy.gif