Comsae B, C, D

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kanyesadouche

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, this is me helping the other DO students out. There's no spoilers here, but for those of you who have felt panicky about your Comsae score, I'm here to help you figure out where you stand:

My MCATs sucked: 23
My GPA sucks: probably a 2.8
I started studying First Aid 10 pages a day, Dec 1st (best decision I've ever made).
Comsae D: 468 May
Comsae C: 417 2 weeks later
Comsae B: 489 1 week after that.

Comsae D is a pretty good exam. First Aid can prepare you well for it.
Comsae C blows. Half this information I've never seen before. Do NOT lose hope after taking this. I truly think this is an anomaly, and I have no idea how to study for it.
Comsae B is a piece of cake. I realize that a 489 does not look like something is a piece of cake, but take this in context. I mean, I just shot a 417 a week earlier. Quite an improvement, right? Paying attention in class was most helpful for this.

I'm not saying these scores are good, (because I don't feel they are) but if you're like me and your school decides to force you to get a certain score on your Comsae before you take Comlex then life sucks for you and you end up stressed as hell. I really don't think I learned anything that was on my test in the week between B and C tests, despite my studying 12 hours a day. I definitely forgot everything every week or so.

Anyway, the takeaway is this: If your school forces you to get a certain grade on Comsae, Comsae B is kind of a saving grace, in my opinion. It could just be because that's the one I passed on, but I think you will agree with me when you take it. It is very straight forward. I share this, because the anxiety of having to achieve roughly the national average on a practice exam prior to taking the real thing, although good in theory, leaves you incredibly stressed out, and stifles learning in a big way. So, take a deep breath. You'll pass on Comsae B. Trust me. Your best bet is to try to ditch the stress and learn the pathology/reason behind things before you sit for the exam. Decreasing your stress is the best way to accomplish that.

Lastly, keep in mind that 200 qs (and 400 if taking the Comlex) is a very minor representation of the knowledge you are responsible for knowing. Therefore, it stands to reason that you should attempt a wide breadth of knowledge, rather than simply focusing on one area in the short time afforded to you to study.

All the best. I know this helps some of you out there. For the others it doesn't, must be nice to have it all, eh?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the info...

Forgive me, but...is Comsae some sort of practice COMLEX test? Where could one get them? Hopefully not too expensive.

Thanks for the info...

Forgive me, but...is Comsae some sort of practice COMLEX test? Where could one get them? Hopefully not too expensive.
Yes, they are practice COMLEX's. You can get more info about them here: http://www.nbome.org/comsae.asp?m=can
Only forms A+B are available for student purchase however. Both of them are rumored to be too easy compared to the COMLEX. My school bought D for us to take.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone take COMSAE Form A, B or C for Level 1 and want to discuss those topics/questions?

Reactions: 1 user