Comsae help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunsta

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I've taken one of the practice Comsae forms and got 500. My test is in 2 weeks. Planning on taking USMLE also. My feedback is showing weakness in Human development, Diagnostic techniques and Health Prevention. How do I improve in those areas? My sources are FA, UWORLD and Pathoma. Thank you all in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Was the comsae your first experience with comlex style questions? Try buying combank. You can choose questions that are specifically in those areas that you want to improve. Combank divides its questions based on the nbome blueprint as well as the standard subjects.

Get another pass through FA for sure...I wouldn't bother with Pathoma anymore unless you feel like its helpful.. I found that it made things make sense but it was too basic a level of understanding. I would aim to finish UWorld at the least and if you have time get comquest or combank and do some comlex specific questions. 500 isn't bad but at that level you have room for improvement in most areas so I wouldn't worry so much about your diagnostic techniques and health prevention as just focusing on knowing as much about everything as possible.

How is your OMM prep? Knowing chapter 10 in savarese (spinal levels) and memorizing the main chapmans points will bag you a good deal of the OMM questions...plus I actually found that spinal levels/innervation and anatomy were helpful for step 1.

Was the comsae your first experience with comlex style questions? Try buying combank. You can choose questions that are specifically in those areas that you want to improve. Combank divides its questions based on the nbome blueprint as well as the standard subjects.
Thank you for the response. Yes, Comsae was my first experience with comlex style questions. I did some Boards Boot Camp questions. Since I have only 2 weeks should I get the Combank now ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Get another pass through FA for sure...I wouldn't bother with Pathoma anymore unless you feel like its helpful.. I found that it made things make sense but it was too basic a level of understanding. I would aim to finish UWorld at the least and if you have time get comquest or combank and do some comlex specific questions. 500 isn't bad but at that level you have room for improvement in most areas so I wouldn't worry so much about your diagnostic techniques and health prevention as just focusing on knowing as much about everything as possible.

How is your OMM prep? Knowing chapter 10 in savarese (spinal levels) and memorizing the main chapmans points will bag you a good deal of the OMM questions...plus I actually found that spinal levels/innervation and anatomy were helpful for step 1.
Thank you for the advice. I'll try to finish UWorld and go thru FA. Think my OMM prep is good but I'll go thru savarese in between USMLE and COMLEX.

I'd really suggest combank from my personal experience. Bumped my comsae up from low 500s to high 500s in two weeks. But i was cruising through doing 200 questions a day. I am using Uworld too, and that is a better bank content and explanation-wise, but I felt that getting used to the vagueness of COMLEX through combank helped me improve. There really isn't a wrong way, just work hard the last two weeks. Good luck