Conditions of acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KingHenry2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I received a conditional acceptance to an allopathic medical school and it states that it's contingent upon "successful completion of any remaining coursework..." Does this mean I can get B-/C's?

The letter doesn't mention that I need to keep up the same level of performance or keep my grades above a certain letter, but it's the "successful" part that's throwing me off. The reason why is because at my school, D's = successful completion of a course.

I'm asking because I've been having a tough quarter in terms of workload and my grades in a few of my classes aren't looking so good. There's two classes where I'm fairly sure that I'll get a C or C- but the rest should be B's or higher. Will this be okay?

Members don't see this ad.

So I received a conditional acceptance to an allopathic medical school and it states that it's contingent upon "successful completion of any remaining coursework..." Does this mean I can get B-/C's?

The letter doesn't mention that I need to keep up the same level of performance or keep my grades above a certain letter, but it's the "successful" part that's throwing me off. The reason why is because at my school, D's = successful completion of a course.

I'm asking because I've been having a tough quarter in terms of workload and my grades in a few of my classes aren't looking so good. There's two classes where I'm fairly sure that I'll get a C or C- but the rest should be B's or higher. Will this be okay?
Sounds like something you should ask the school specifically. :shrug: