Confidence in Content Review (Past Test Takers MCAT 2015)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wa1337

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who've taken the MCAT and did well, how strong should your content review and knowledge of the topics tested be before going into the exam? Do you have to be at least 90% confident to get a good score? I'm asking because my test is this Friday and I would say that I understand about ~70% of the topics tested well.

I took 3 practice FLs and scored 62% (EK 1), 59% (EK 2), and 75% (AAMC). I am aiming for a 505-507 on my exam. Any input would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

The reality is that input at this point might not be the best thing for your mental preparation. Every MCAT varies, so what you hear two days before your exam may put you into an unnecessary frenzy for something that is not actually on your exam on Friday. You know 70% of the topics well and you have a day and a half to review. Make sure amino acids are part of that 70% and that you have ways to minimize your careless errors. At this point, it's not about learning more content but walking in completely ready to do perfect on what you know and be able to reason through material you don't know was well.

Best of luck.

Thank you for your wise response, I really appreciate it. You are right, I probably would be more anxious given those circumstances so I might as well have a stable mindset ready for the exam.