Confused about GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dnz2

Reaction score
Im sorry if this has been asked already, but I just found out that the dental schools look at UG GPA and Graduate GPA separately (I thought they combined them bc on my application they show a combined GPA), so I'm just curious do schools look at UG GPA and graduate GPA equally? or is one weighed heavier than the other?

Members don't see this ad.

Im sorry if this has been asked already, but I just found out that the dental schools look at UG GPA and Graduate GPA separately (I thought they combined them bc on my application they show a combined GPA), so I'm just curious do schools look at UG GPA and graduate GPA equally? or is one weighed heavier than the other?
They generally value graduate GPA more or atleast from what I’ve understood. This is why many students are advised to do graduate programs if their undergrad GPAs aren’t very impressive.. it can be used to show growth and that you have continued to improve. it also shows that you can handle more difficult courses. Especially if it is a biomedical program..

Reactions: 1 user
They generally value graduate GPA more or atleast from what I’ve understood. This is why many students are advised to do graduate programs if their undergrad GPAs aren’t very impressive.. it can be used to show growth and that you have continued to improve. it also shows that you can handle more difficult courses. Especially if it is a biomedical program..
thanks so much for reply!

Reactions: 1 user