Confused about official transcripts and making it on time.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FlossFloss

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to understand the timeline once and for all, so pls help! =)

I want to send everything in as early as possible for the first round batch. So is there a way to get my foot in the door, as in set my place in the first batch by sending in an incomplete official transcript to aadsas and processing that?

ALSO, on the aadsas site, there's only a 2014 class form for transcript matching forms..Anyone know when the updated one will come out?

If for example, the official transcript is finally released by my school around May 30, then when can I expect AADSAS to have verified it and give my application the go? (datewise)

does it show up on AADSAS that the official transcript has been verified, and then I manually submit my application?

Sorry about the many questions, but please help me out. I'm really confused about the whole process while feeling pressured to get everything as fast as I could.

EDITED:
It says on AADSAS that it'll take 4-6 weeks for the grades to be verified?? Does that mean I can send in an unfinished official transcript and then update it when its up? Does that save me a spot.. 0_0

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Or just send them the same time as everyone else and get it verified the same time as everyone else.

you haven't answered my question and you make no point. I was trying to ask about the timeline, and how everything works so that I can be on time, as I know so many other people will be. If you want to be rude about it and be no help whatsoever don't even post, thanks.
Or just send them the same time as everyone else and get it verified the same time as everyone else.

Members don't see this ad :)
Once the application presumably opens on June 2, you are able to input your school(s) and download the new matching forms. Then you go to whatever dept. handles transcripts and give it to them and your transcripts will be mailed out. On AADSAS, your transcript will eventually show up received once it is processed. Once you've completed the rest of the application, submit it, then it will be verified and go work on secondaries. It doesn't take that long to be verified, at the most 2 weeks but likely less (mine took 1 business day). If it was 4-6 weeks, no one would make first batch haha.

Thank you as always sjv. So should I just request the transcript after all the grades are available whenever that is? is there a better way to make sure I am with the early batch?

Once the application presumably opens on June 2, you are able to input your school(s) and download the new matching forms. Then you go to whatever dept. handles transcripts and give it to them and your transcripts will be mailed out. On AADSAS, your transcript will eventually show up received once it is processed. Once you've completed the rest of the application, submit it, then it will be verified and go work on secondaries. It doesn't take that long to be verified, at the most 2 weeks but likely less (mine took 1 business day). If it was 4-6 weeks, no one would make first batch haha.
okk just to get this straight, since that matching forms don't presumably come up before June 2, I can't request a transcript and get it vetted before that date, so it's officially ready for submission right? So at that point, I wait until I get the confirmation that it has been reviewed, and I can send in my application around (lets say) middle of June? Is that about right? This is considering the fact that my grades would be finalized around May 20

okk just to get this straight, since that matching forms don't presumably come up before June 2, I can't request a transcript and get it vetted before that date, so it's officially ready for submission right? So at that point, I wait until I get the confirmation that it has been reviewed, and I can send in my application around (lets say) middle of June? Is that about right? This is considering the fact that my grades would be finalized around May 20

Yes, wait until June 2nd, enter your schools and get the matching forms so they can be included in the envelope with your transcripts. Your grades won't be verified until you click submit so finish the rest of the application before your transcripts are processed/entered into the system and then click submit when that occurs.

Reactions: 1 user
you cleared the whole mess up for me so nicely. thank you so much