Confused TX resident reapplicant looking for advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mantoubunny

Reaction score
Hello! I am a Texas resident who is a little lost on the application process. I am looking for a bit of feedback on my PS nd essays on the TMDSAS application. I would also like to inquire about resources to rework my extracurriculars. I would love any and all help to point me in the direction of possible examples of how to word that section of the application for TMDSAS.
I also have a few questions and I am seeking advice on the following:
I am a psychology major and I graduated early, thus it has been two years since I was last in college, should I be reapplying as a non-trad?
My clinical research opportunity also came with a shadowing opportunity for two physicians should that be listed separately on the healthcare activities section as shadowing and then again under the research activities?
Should I add anything to my PS as an reapplicant or should I keep it mostly the same?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! I am a Texas resident who is a little lost on the application process. I am looking for a bit of feedback on my PS nd essays on the TMDSAS application. I would also like to inquire about resources to rework my extracurriculars. I would love any and all help to point me in the direction of possible examples of how to word that section of the application for TMDSAS.
I am a psychology major and I graduated early, thus it has been two years since I was last in college, should I be reapplying as a non-trad?
My clinical research opportunity also came with a shadowing opportunity for two physicians should that be listed separately on the healthcare activities section as shadowing and then again under the research activities?
Should I add anything to my PS as an reapplicant or should I keep it mostly the same?
Reapplying as a non-trade is okay.

It's probably good to break your shadowing hours out separately so that's clear to readers.

There are some threads on this forum where you can seek editing help for personal statement and extracurriculars.

Please please please do not resubmit this same PS. I’d love to dm so as to not publicly crush your writing but with the repetition of mama/mamas, the jumping of traumatic anecdotes without cohesive connections, and stream of consciousness writing, it was rather confusing and informal :/ (to which I kinda almost speculated AI). I had to constantly reread some spots and still did not find the answer to why medicine :(((.

The story telling takes up 2 huge paragraphs where you kinda lose the plot. Figure out your true thesis, write a few background anecdotal sentences then support your thesis with your pct clinical experience. Your PS is more of an answer to the secondary question “tell us about a time you prevailed through hardship/overcame a challenge” etc. It also kind of leans cna/nurse/psychologist + vivid trauma dump heavy instead of medicinal science/physician which might’ve led to a slow cycle. Good luck!

Please don’t post your personal app on the public message board
I deleted the attachment

Reactions: 1 user