confusion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SunnyD0119

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute....i could have been going about this all wrong...i thought that you submit your aadsas and pay aadsas the total fee and they divy it up?? and then schools send you a secondary app....or am i going about this completely wrong...i'm completely confused with what the hell i do

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure if I know what you are talking about, but this is how it works. You pay aadsas the fee because they make copies of overything for you and send everything to the schools, like the actual application, transcripts, letters. Now this money does not go to the schools and has nothing to do with the application for each school. Each school will charge you a seperate application fee, some will have other forms for you to fill out also along with the fee. Basically it is a big rip off, but hey what else can you do. Schools will not even look at you until they get their check, so don't delay in sending them thier money.

DIRTIE said:
I'm not sure if I know what you are talking about, but this is how it works. You pay aadsas the fee because they make copies of overything for you and send everything to the schools, like the actual application, transcripts, letters. Now this money does not go to the schools and has nothing to do with the application for each school. Each school will charge you a seperate application fee, some will have other forms for you to fill out also along with the fee. Basically it is a big rip off, but hey what else can you do. Schools will not even look at you until they get their check, so don't delay in sending them thier money.

ok this makes sense...but will the schools contact me and tell me what they want from me or do i have to figure this out all on my own? like go to each schools website and find out what they want make a letter and send em everything individually?

Members don't see this ad :)
SunnyD0119 said:
ok this makes sense...but will the schools contact me and tell me what they want from me or do i have to figure this out all on my own? like go to each schools website and find out what they want make a letter and send em everything individually?

Some schools will send you a notice asking for the app. fee and some wont. My advice is to find out if they have a fee and send it ASAP or before they ask for it so you don't have to wait for the back and forth snail mail "we need your check" and then actually mailing it in.

angeeeeee said:
Some schools will send you a notice asking for the app. fee and some wont. My advice is to find out if they have a fee and send it ASAP or before they ask for it so you don't have to wait for the back and forth snail mail "we need your check" and then actually mailing it in.

see that website link above tells everythign pretty clearly but it says "send these things only when an admissions counselor contacts you"...if i wait for everyone to contact me it'll take forever....do i have to fill out any of these secondary apps? or is it just basically money and a picture I'll send out my aadsas this week and then do i just play the waiting game w/ the school....my dat is july 5th...I'll send that out july 6th but I'm afraid schools wont contact me until i send out my DAT's should i just start sending stuff out as soon as possible?

SunnyD0119 said:
see that website link above tells everythign pretty clearly but it says "send these things only when an admissions counselor contacts you"...if i wait for everyone to contact me it'll take forever....do i have to fill out any of these secondary apps? or is it just basically money and a picture I'll send out my aadsas this week and then do i just play the waiting game w/ the school....my dat is july 5th...I'll send that out july 6th but I'm afraid schools wont contact me until i send out my DAT's should i just start sending stuff out as soon as possible?

1. You can send stuff in before an admissions counselor contacts you, in many cases.

2. Yes you have to fill out the secondary forms, although they typically just rehash stuff you've already entered in to AADSAS.

3. Yes, schools won't contact you until they receive your DAT scores. Your application is not complete (read: won't be reviewed at most schools) until they've received your DAT scores.

one quick question:
I saw most of the secondary forms has an "addition comments" part
in which you need to state why you choose that school
is that another peronal statement thing?
or just a casual paragraph?

thx guys!

P.S. Thx Gavin for evaluating my essay!!! :p