Consulting Jobs in Anesthesiology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SurferBoyMD

Back in the water!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was curious if there were consulting jobs specifically for anesthesiologists in the job market, what are they, and how common is it for an anesthesiologist to work as a consultant as well as a clinician? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you mean McKinsey/accenture type consulting jobs or something specifically focused on anesthesiology.

I don't know a lot about consulting jobs for MD's, but I would like to know what options would an anesthesiologist have in consulting. So I guess both McKinsey/Accenture type consulting and other specifically focused on anesthesiology.

I don't know a lot about consulting jobs for MD's, but I would like to know what options would an anesthesiologist have in consulting. So I guess both McKinsey/Accenture type consulting and other specifically focused on anesthesiology.

National mgmt consulting firms will hire MD's. I don't think being an anesthesiologist will be a particular advantage nor will it steer you toward anes (or even medical) clients.

As for medical consulting firms, I suspect, but don't know, that some of the billing/mgmt companies that advertise in the anes throwaway journals use MD's as consultants to practices that want to improve their business. But that assumes you are an expert in the business of anesthesia - probably not viable for a new grad

Fair warning - this is mostly speculation, especially the 2nd paragraph.