Contacting Schools You wont be attending

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sandiza73

Medical Student (Accepted)
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure a lot of you have been accepted to multiple schools. Did you at all contact the schools you werent interesting in attending ? Or is it understood that if you don't send in a deposit you're not interested? Not sure what to do. How about schools you're supposed to interview at but don't want to anymore?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe you should contact the school regardless. It will never hurt to just send an email letting them know you are no longer interested in attending their school. You could be holding a seat for someone eager to join that school! I myself contacted the schools that accepted me and those whom I had interview dates for I canceled. Of course only do so once you have made your final decision!

Reactions: 1 user
Just send admissions a short simple email telling them you'll be attending elsewhere. Be polite, thank them for their consideration. Nobody is going to be mad at you

Reactions: 1 users
I just gave the schools a short email thanking them for the opportunity, blah blah, and that I wouldn't be interviewing/accepting their offer of admission.