contract- APP revenue percentage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paindoc123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am a pain physician practicing in California, currently working for a private group. In process of renegotiating my contract. Initial term was 50:50 for collections for physician provided services. I supervise PA/NP and they see a big chunk of my patients, but I don't get any revenue back right now , but I will be negotiating soon. What would be a fair percentage should I ask for mid-level providers revenue? Note, I don't get any percentage of ancillary services collections. Would appreciate any advice. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
ugh you will never get 25%.

ask for 10%, hope for 5% for supervising APP.
What could you ask for in a HOPD environment, where they are looking at hiring a mid-level?

Or is the fact that you can now do more procedures and less follow-ups, leading to higher RVU's, the way this helps your compensation?

the latter is the point admin will argue.

i get 5% for "supervising" the APP work. i got that because at the time all APPs required a collaborating physician.

i usually get 2-3 management messages a day from the APP, and i have a weekly meeting with her to go over cases, review MRIs, etc.

I get 100% of their units in my HOPD model. Granted he mainly sees med refills and MBB followups. I do sign off on all notes and send all RXs myself. He only see about 8-10 people a day

My argument for this was that these are all the easy followups and I have the liability for the meds etc.

Plus all the neurosurgeons in my group do the same thing made it easy

Our practice does 40% of profit. I believe that should be standard.

Thanks! They are offering 15 % profit from APP revenue generated by their directly provided services, means excluding ancillaries etc and after deducting APP salary/benefits. I am negotiating for 25 % of profit, hoping to end up at 20 %.

Our practice does 40% of profit. I believe that should be standard.
Agreed! Some of the old folks who joined practice few years ago are with 40 % but group is giving hard time in last 2-3 years to newly hired docs.