Controversial Linked-In Post...Sour Grapes Versus Revolution

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
You in here, Bro?

Jonathan Hagedorn, MD on LinkedIn: We've turned Pain Medicine into an attention economy, fighting for likes… | 27 comments

1696173900201.png

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Well he’s not wrong

Byproduct of unpopular kid getting their egos stroked by pretty reps who wouldn’t have dated them in college

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
Is he saying anything that is incorrect?

When I applied for fellowship, the match rate as I recall was around 70%, on par with GI or cardiology for that year.

Now we have unfilled 15ish percent of fellowship positions. The hot anesthesia market doesn't account for this as PM&R grads would gladly fill those positions.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is this one for real or is it all virtue signaling?

Pain fellowship does not matter.

Plenty of easy non accredited fellowships for pmr grads. Nice suburban hospital near my house employs one who does implants etc.

My LinkedIn suggested connections is pages long full of pain docs I’ve never heard of. Wasn’t like that 20 years ago when I was first interested in our field. Kinda “knew” everyone.

Supply and demand field is saturated

Last edited:
Elaborate.
I don't know them, but this is one of ASPN's pointy shoed gents, correct? That society is the epitome of flash without substance. He's on the social media guidelines paper, so maybe he's trying to reign them in?

I'm just not sure what this is exactly, but posting on social media about the problems with attention whoring or advisory boards seems like they're trying to establish that their way is the right way to the play the game that they're claiming to detest.

Reactions: 2 users
you guys do things for likes? Pain has it's own social media?

“…declaring their relevance bc they were ‘the first in XYZ location to do it.’”

Attachments

• 30FB5815-EB85-49D7-BCDA-38AEA803B3AE.jpeg
    30FB5815-EB85-49D7-BCDA-38AEA803B3AE.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 155
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Why don't you paste that picture in the thread?

Members don't see this ad :)
On LinkedIn. Post it in the thread.

• Haha
Darn, I wish my open payments info was that cool. My total is 400 bucks, half of which was for a hosted lunch at my office that I literally was out of town for but they put my name down anyway.

Lol you guys are brutal

I don’t really see the utility in growing a LinkedIn network. I think if you’re looking for a job it’s helpful to have a profile and access job listings, but in terms of social media it’s a lot of noise.

Lol you guys are brutal

I don’t really see the utility in growing a LinkedIn network. I think if you’re looking for a job it’s helpful to have a profile and access job listings, but in terms of social media it’s a lot of noise.

I agree. That’s why I don’t bother with it.

wonder if that was during his private practice stint. I don't think Mayo allows consulting payments.

It's like the cork board at your coffee shop where everyone pins their business card, except digital.
Business card in the front, phone number on the bathroom wall