Cooling/preventing fevers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

europeman

Trauma Surgeon / Intensivist
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For your patients in the unit with stroke.... How long are u cooling then to prevent fever?

I'm a trauma surgeon. If any or u have experience in the tbi population..... Id like to hear that too.... How long are u cooling then to prevent fever?

Few days? Week? Two weeks?

Members don't see this ad.

I replied extensively to your prior post. I don't routinely induce therapeutic normothermia for stroke unless there is a substantial cerebral edema issue. Sure, tylenol and cooling blanket maybe, but rarely an active device. Therapeutic induced normothermia != cooling.

I assume you mean ischemic stroke.

I replied extensively to your prior post. I don't routinely induce therapeutic normothermia for stroke unless there is a substantial cerebral edema issue. Sure, tylenol and cooling blanket maybe, but rarely an active device. Therapeutic induced normothermia != cooling.

I assume you mean ischemic stroke.

Thank you for the reminder. I actually somehow missed the other post and I greatly appreciate your response. Feel free to delete this thread given the overlap.