Coordinating travel for out of state interviews advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmD.Class of 2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
So I applied to a couple programs on the west coast. I received an interview invite from one, but have not heard back from the others yet.
What is the proper etiquette for contacting other programs to see if they are interested in interviewing me while I am out there? Suggestions on how to word emails would be great...
Will it reduce my chances of getting an interview by contacting programs I have not already heard from in the area? (I know they are probably busy with all the apps they received)
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you already scheduled your one interview? What are the deadlines for the other programs? If the deadlines were later (10 or 15th), I would wait a few days before emailing them. If the deadlines were earlier, I would wait thru Monday and send an email on Tuesday. I would say something like this. I am very interested in your program. I am going to be in the area on xxx. I have not heard back from your program. I would love to interview with your program on xxx or xxx.

I would be happy to edit anything. Pm me.