Cornell decisions in

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rara avis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just when I thought the wait was over, I'm on Cornell's alternate list and won't know until as late as April 27th. I'm out of state. :(

Was anyone else here on the alternate list last year? Did it really take until April 27th to find out?

Congrats to everyone else!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
just cats-don't lose hope! last year cornell went through it's entire OOS list!

And hit up the rejected list as well!

(Several times!)

I still got an email the same day as the acceptances, so I wouldn't assume anything.

I also get all emails from Cornell administrations at 5pm, no matter what time they were sent out that day.

Rejected. Oh well.

just cats-don't lose hope! last year cornell went through it's entire OOS list!

Thanks purplebunnie and cavygirl. I will remain hopeful. :)

I do have to rethink things now, though. Cornell is my top pick, and if I might not hear from them until after the deadline for other schools . . . it's quite a conundrum. I have to decide whether or not to put all of my eggs in this basket and just start over again next year if I don't get an offer from Cornell. I'm inclined to go with that and withdraw my applications from other schools. What's another year? I'll just be better prepared next time around if it comes to that, and I will not run the risk of having to reapply to schools that I declined offers of admission to. Does that make sense?

Were you wait listed last year purplebunnie? If so, when did you get offered admission?

I don't know my PIN! Was it sent snail mail? :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm inclined to go with that and withdraw my applications from other schools.

Eek - just think about the boat loads of money you spent applying to those schools - it can't hurt to wait it out and see if those schools accept you. I just can't imagine willingly going through this past year again if I had the opportunity to go to even just one school ...

Then again, if Cornell is the absolute only place you'd be happy, rock on!

I don't know my PIN! Was it sent snail mail? :scared:

You'll get an email with your PIN. Don't worry. I'm sure they just have to send each manually and it takes a while.

It's all good...rejected as expected! :D

:highfive: vetgirl09 & cataddict!!

I got rejected as well which was VERY expected considering I never sent in a supplemental application -- huh?:oops::oops::oops:

this member of team reject needs a drink....and is now hoping for wisconsin~! :luck:

Last edited:
Let's go rejects
Let's go!
Let's go rejects
Let's go!
:claps:

Just put a deposit down on your best acceptance before April 15, and if Cornell comes through, you'll lose the deposit but at least were safe. It was insane last year, as several OOS people who had been outright rejected were accepted later, so as an alternate you may have a decent shot.

Were you wait listed last year purplebunnie? If so, when did you get offered admission?[/quote]

Nope, no waitlist for me. Outright rejected in January. I was crushed, as it was my top choice (Ithaca ADDICT) but life goes on.

My cell phone rang with an Ithaca area code the last day in May, two months after sending a deposit to Ohio. Which is an EXCELLENT program and everyone I met was super, super nice. I think I got the last seat, but there are a handful of us off the reject list.

I wouldn't withdraw. I would take your interviews and check the campus and program out very thoroughly. You might be surprised how well you can see yourself somewhere unexpected. If I had the money, I would have sent my deposit to AVC. And Cornell might have had to work a little to unconvince me there.

Sorry to see so many of you did not get in to Cornell this year. As you know they are one of the hardest schools to get in, if not the hardest.

St. George's is still accepting applications for the August 2009 class, so if you haven't applied already you still have time to get your application in. We are affiliated with Cornell, so it would be possible to complete three years of basic sciences with SGU and still go to Cornell for your fourth year of clinical rotations.

Instead of taking the chance of waiting a year to reapply with no guarantee of future acceptance, seriously consider applying to SGU. Each year you reapply and don't get accepted is a year off of your career as a DVM, and that is a huge loss in money.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'm more than happy to help.

Sorry to see so many of you did not get in to Cornell this year. As you know they are one of the hardest schools to get in, if not the hardest.

St. George's is still accepting applications for the August 2009 class, so if you haven't applied already you still have time to get your application in. We are affiliated with Cornell, so it would be possible to complete three years of basic sciences with SGU and still go to Cornell for your fourth year of clinical rotations.

Instead of taking the chance of waiting a year to reapply with no guarantee of future acceptance, seriously consider applying to SGU. Each year you reapply and don't get accepted is a year off of your career as a DVM, and that is a huge loss in money.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'm more than happy to help.

One of my friends started at SGU and then transferred to KSU and she said she wouldn't do it differently if she could do it over. She loved SGU.

:O you guys make me so nervous! Everyone is getting rejected!

Does anyone know how many OOS applicants versus IS applicants Cornell usually accepts? I've had difficulty finding the stats.

As a Florida resident, I never expected getting into Cornell!! Nine schools to go!

Another one for the Alternate List....

Just Cats, looks like we are "Team Alternate"! :p

It's okay, Cornell would have been about 60K more than Ohio State for me and I don't really see how I could justify agreeing to take on that much more debt for any school :rolleyes:

Another one for the Alternate List....

Just Cats, looks like we are "Team Alternate"! :p

It's okay, Cornell would have been about 60K more than Ohio State for me and I don't really see how I could justify agreeing to take on that much more debt for any school :rolleyes:

You say that now . . . When they call you and say you're in, you're still going to have to think about it for a second. ;) Either of those is a great choice though.

I won't hear from my other schools until next month, I think, so I can just sit and ponder $37K per year . . .

So another one for the reject team!!
I kinda expected it cuz I never took a microbio class(whoops!)
hey, Ithaca's overrated!!!

Does anyone know how many people per class at Cornell?

Does anyone know how people did last year who were on the in state alternate list? I know they went through the entire alternate list for OOS, but I haven't heard anything about in state!

Does anyone know how people did last year who were on the in state alternate list? I know they went through the entire alternate list for OOS, but I haven't heard anything about in state!

I checked last year's threads and I know they didn't get through the IS wait list. Are you on the IS wait list for this year?

I am on the alternate list for this year for IS. Do you have any idea how long the list is? They cannot tell me how long it is or where I am on the list unfortunately.

I am on the alternate list for this year for IS. Do you have any idea how long the list is? They cannot tell me how long it is or where I am on the list unfortunately.

Nope. No clue. You should definitely go to one of the upcoming ifo sessions though.