Corporate Flu Season

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Just wanted to wish everyone a happy *official (August 1st) corporate flu season

Registers now already prompting for flu shot offers....we don't even have any flu shots yet...but have weekly goals to meet currently. Join me in this absurdity of asking people in 90 degree heat whether they would like a flu shot informing them the vaccine only lasts roughly 6 months (questioning the very logic behind starting sooo damn early...earlier year after year)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I cringe thinking about it. My store does over 2,000 flu shots yearly.

(questioning the very logic behind starting sooo damn early...earlier year after year)

The logic is you want to vaccinate them before your competitor, their doctor, or a hospital does.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just saying, the disconnect between business & healthcare could not be more apparent. I'm all for doing what is right (not an anti-vax aka unchained) based on timing & evidence but this is just getting ridiculous (what next? Flu-shot 1st week of July?). Flat up tell people to think about it in 2 months time

Having some retail seasonal affect disorder...this is suppose to be headlice, sunburn, swimmer's ear, & starting of back to school season right now (epipens, permethrin, amphetamines, etc.)

Reactions: 2 users
Just saying, the disconnect between business & healthcare could not be more apparent. I'm all for doing what is right (not an anti-vax aka unchained) based on timing & evidence but this is just getting ridiculous (what next? Flu-shot 1st week of July?). Flat up tell people to think about it in 2 months time

Having some retail seasonal affect disorder...this is suppose to be headlice, sunburn, swimmer's ear, & starting of back to school season right now (epipens, permethrin, amphetamines, etc.)
You've nailed it. This "disconnect between business & healthcare " is why medicare 4 all might be a better system.

Im surprised no one has recommended two shots per season. One in august/sept and the other at end of dec and jan.

Reactions: 1 users
Might sound cheezy (ala pharm practice), but it should be a joint/collaborate effort by MDs, NPs, RPhs, etc. to vaccinate a massive # of patients in such a relatively short window of time; not some money making game of which profession can beat others to the punch. But the conflicting reality is capitalism...

Have only seen 2 vax/season recommendations in pediatrics

I'm sure its on somebody's radar....a flu booster vaccine..smh

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy *official (August 1st) corporate flu season

Registers now already prompting for flu shot offers....we don't even have any flu shots yet...but have weekly goals to meet currently. Join me in this absurdity of asking people in 90 degree heat whether they would like a flu shot informing them the vaccine only lasts roughly 6 months (questioning the very logic behind starting sooo damn early...earlier year after year)
K-Mart used to have a policy of telling every patron "Thank you for shopping at K-Mart" it was mandatory to keep the chain thriving..(jeeze i'm funny)...The store peons..(which includes you BTW).shortened it to "TYFSAK"....

You've nailed it. This "disconnect between business & healthcare " is why medicare 4 all might be a better system.
Medicare for all would cost 29 trillion dollars over the next 10 years. Do you have 29 trillion laying around?

Medicare for all would cost 29 trillion dollars over the next 10 years. Do you have 29 trillion laying around?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the current healthcare was expected to cost 50-60 trillion over the next 10 years?

Might sound cheezy (ala pharm practice), but it should be a joint/collaborate effort by MDs, NPs, RPhs, etc. to vaccinate a massive # of patients in such a relatively short window of time; not some money making game of which profession can beat others to the punch. But the conflicting reality is capitalism...

Have only seen 2 vax/season recommendations in pediatrics
Us MDs don't actually make much money on flu vaccines. We do it as a service, and more and more offices are stopping that and sending them to y'all as its not worth our time.

That is insane, where did you hear that?

That figure might be a tad high, but in the ball park. (NHE Fact Sheet - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services) It was $3,3 trillion last year. So even if costs stay flat, there would be cost savings.

It's actually kind of funny. The study was done by a conservative thinktank. The headline that study put out was the seemingly high cost of medicare for all, but it wound up proving that it would still be cheaper than the current system. ('Medicare-for-All' program could cost $32 trillion but may also save $2 trillion)

Obviously allowing price controls, removing redundant administration processes, and removing all profit from healthcare plan administrators would save money. It amazes me that people can do mental gymnastics to think otherwise. But on the other hand, physicians will make less money (maybe us, too) and the incentive to go into the medical professions may be decreased...thus potentially decreasing the brain power in the industry.

Obviously allowing price controls, removing redundant administration processes, and removing all profit from healthcare plan administrators would save money. It amazes me that people can do mental gymnastics to think otherwise.

But Capitalism!

Reactions: 1 users