Could I get some feedback on my situation? Would appreciate some advice.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hatuey

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
anecdotally, one of my friends does computational population-health research and has been very successful this cycle (T10 A's), so I don't think that would hold you back. I think for the mcat you have to predict realistically how many points you could improve, and how much that would effect your chances.

You are just like the "fashionably late", don't worry about it. There will be a lot of enthusiasm for your application this cycle... why wait. This mountain takes a lot of time to climb. You are ready. In May, as in prior years, I offer the possibility of one-on-one Zoom calls. Some of those people get admitted into what was used to be called MSTPs at top 10 USNWR institutions, and others in terrific programs. Every MSTP and many larger MD/PhD programs can provide you a terrific education that can get you eventually to Ivy League SOM faculty appointments.
PM me for additional info

Iirc a 515 MCAT is very close to the MDPhD average. I'm just an applicant myself but I would suggest to not retake. It's a great score and you could use that study time better elsewhere.