Could ionm be considered something important by admission staff?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pre med 16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm starting college this year after being transfered from Rome to University of Michigan, Ann Arbor as a 3 year student.

I'm going to be a pre med something that I have already decided since I was back in Rome. I applied at kinesiology school because of that interesting program called ionm ( intra operative neuro monitoring ) which I really am passionate about, but I don't really enjoy the other aspects of the major ( to enter the program you need to be a movement science major).

My other passion is to major in neuroscience, something that I really love but majoring there will not give me the opportunity to be part of ionm program. I have already done 90% of med prequsites with an 3.76 gpa. Do you think the ionm program will be considered as a "+ " for med school? Would it been seen positevly from the admission staff? I have already done more than 200 hours shadowing and 500 hours of volunteering back in Rome.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It will not be a substitute for US experience.[/QUO
I understand, I have another question if you have time, does the prestige of an institution impacts in anyway the application?

I'm starting college this year after being transfered from Rome to University of Michigan

I have already done 90% of med prequsites with an 3.76 gpa.

I have already done more than 200 hours shadowing and 500 hours of volunteering back in Rome.
Did UMichigan accept all your international credits and include the GPA you've cited in their records?