Couple questions about applying and acceptence

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gianluca Gullo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im going to be applying to schools as soon as I can in the fall. Already took the PCAT last year and I think i did alright (79th percentile, forgot the individual statistics) and i have a pretty competitive GPA. Im lacking in volunteering/extracurriculars but Im starting to volunteer at 2 hospitals rather soon, so my first question is: should I delay submitting my pharmcas until I can say I have volunteered a good amount of hours? Or is saying that I am a current volunteer good enough?

Im going to apply both to highly ranked schools and some back ups, and my second question is: When do they start doing interviews and letting you know if you are accepted? Im sure it varies by school, but for the most part do you not find out until the spring? Im not planning on doing an early decision because I am very indecisive and want to have all my options open.

thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

You can fill in the PharmCAS and update it later, then you get submit your complete application (that's when you pick the schools and pay the fees), after that you can only update coursework.

I got about 5 interviews and they were from Dec 5 to Feb6. And some sent out acceptance notices or phone calls after two weeks other just tell you that they go out sometime in late March-April. The December interviews actually followed the two week rule so I found out right around the holidays. Others did wait til March.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: 1 user