Course-load change, advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toothmaster20311

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a senior now and applied to dental schools this cycle. On my application, I gave my schedule of classes for the upcoming semester. One of my classes was rather unrelated to dentistry. Instead, I feel compelled to take A&P, do you think prospective dental schools will care? I heard they don't love when you deviate from the schedule you provided.

Members don't see this ad.

As long as you aren't dropping a pre-req, you're good. Wait until December 1st when you know where you'll be attending dental school to notify the school that you are dropping the class. It's not a big deal :)

As long as you aren't dropping a pre-req, you're good. Wait until December 1st when you know where you'll be attending dental school to notify the school that you are dropping the class. It's not a big deal :)

What if you drop a prerequisite? I was supposed to take Biochemistry this fall, but my school didn't get enough enrollment for the course so it got canceled so I had to take a philosophy course in its place. My school doesn't offer it in the spring so the soonest I can take the course is the summer? Is that okay? I have 3 interviews so far..hope it's okay???

Members don't see this ad :)
What if you drop a prerequisite? I was supposed to take Biochemistry this fall, but my school didn't get enough enrollment for the course so it got canceled so I had to take a philosophy course in its place. My school doesn't offer it in the spring so the soonest I can take the course is the summer? Is that okay? I have 3 interviews so far..hope it's okay???
Is biochem a pre-req at the schools you received an interview from? Taking the course in the summer may not bode well if you are accepted at a school that starts in July, for example. I would wait to see how things play out on December 1st, then you can get more information from the school you were accepted to about your situation. Good luck!

Is biochem a pre-req at the schools you received an interview from? Taking the course in the summer may not bode well if you are accepted at a school that starts in July, for example. I would wait to see how things play out on December 1st, then you can get more information from the school you were accepted to about your situation. Good luck!

Yes it is a prerequisite for 2/3 schools

Yes it is a prerequisite for 2/3 schools

Thank you!

Thank You!