Course Requirement Gen. Bio 2 .. Please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Savvy ?

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I I have a question regarding course requirement. I see that all the medical schools require at least 8 credit hours in biology. Do they mean Gen. Bio 1 & 2 by 8 hours?

I have a BS degree in Healthcare and I have taken Gen Bio 1 and other science classes in my undergrad years. However, I never took Gen Bio 2. I have taken other classes like Anatomy & Physiology, Microbiology, Cell science etc. Do these classes count towards 8 hours Bio requirement or I have to take Gen Bio 2 ?

Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

The usual requirement is one year of college biology, including a year of lab. As long as you have taken two biology labs (maybe GenBio Lab and then a physiology lab, etc) you can satisfy the requirement without doing General Bio 1&2

At my university, pre-meds/science majors weren't even supposed to take the general biology course sequence. You should be fine. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you very much friends. I didn't really want to take gen bio 2. I find it it very boring. .

Yeah, my general bio 1&2 were the low point in prereqs
Do make sure you have a full year of labs though!

I do. . More than full year. . Just need to take org 2 abs couple humanities. .. I'm thinking about taking philosophy and psychology. . What would you suggest. ..

That's a personal preference thing. I love philosophy and take as much as I can because college is one of the few chances I'll have to do so