Course Requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RoadRunner17

Fleet of feet
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Certain schools that I'm considering applying to, such as the University of Michigan and University of Southern California, require Biochemistry according to the MSAR. I understand this to be before matriculation. So, is this just something that you should take before sending in the application, or is it something that if accepted, you go and take the class to fulfill that requirement?

I'm asking because I haven't taken Biochemistry, and in the case of University of Southern California, I need one (ONE!!!) more credit hour of social sciences/humanities courses to meet that 30 credit hour requirement. How should I go about doing this, and is this something I should be concerned about as I am applying in this coming application cycle? Will it affect my application if schools see that I have not fulfilled those requirements prior to applying?

Members don't see this ad.

Usually, if you need only one more course to fulfill the school's requirement, they will allow you to take it after they accept you, but before you enter their school.

I would make sure to mention that I plan to take it.

However, them not having a grade for it may affect their decision if it comes down to you and someone who has.