course selection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spongiebob

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all:
i'm considering taking the following courseload for next fall. which one would be more doable? i must take at least 15 credits for my scholarship. it's my first upper division semester. thanks :)

1) physiology 1 + lab
genetics
microbiology + lab
elective

OR......

2)analytical chemistry + lab
genetics + lab
physiology + lab
elective

OR

3)biochemistry + lab
genetics
physiology + lab
elective

OR

4) accelerated portuguese
genetics + lab
physiology + lab
elective

Members don't see this ad.

They all require a good amount of time, but the easiest I would say is number 1.

I'd actually go with 3 or 4. 1 is an awful lot of bio. 2 could get tedious with all of those labs. I'd probably pick 4 over 3, just to have a decent amount of non-science classes for your own sanity. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
what about this one
-marine biology and oceanography
-physiology +lab
-genetics + lab
-elective

My experience: physiology was EASY. Analytical chem also very easy. Biochem sucked the life out of me. Studied more for that class than for PChem. But the lab was waaaaaay cool. So if it was me, I'd take phys and achem together and whatever else you want.

No experience with genetics or other bio classes (sorry - chem and math major).

i would go with #1
from my experience with taking 4 bios together, it makes it easier to understand most of the topics, since u will eventually find yourself studying the same thing for the 4 diff courses
a lot of the same topics are covered in many different bio classes, only from different POVs, and i think this helps in understanding the topic much better than if u were only learning it from one prof