Covid = back.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it in the vaccinated or non vaccinated population, or both?

It's sad, really. People are literally and figuratively dying for the covid vaccine in other parts of the world, and here we can't get people to take them despite bribing them with baseball tickets, beer, and even AR-15s in West Virginia!

Covid is 'back' because stupid people won't get vaccinated.

Reactions: 9 users
Mostly unvaccinated. Few olds who did get the vaccine. No horrific cases yet.

It's sad, really. People are literally and figuratively dying for the covid vaccine in other parts of the world, and here we can't get people to take them despite bribing them with baseball tickets, beer, and even AR-15s in West Virginia!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Can’t fix stupid. I say let them die. Problem is why are they even showing up in the hospital and wasting resources? Stay your ass at home and continue the conspiracy theories!

Reactions: 8 users
Can’t fix stupid. I say let them die. Problem is why are they even showing up in the hospital and wasting resources? Stay your ass at home and continue the conspiracy theories!

Insurance should refuse to pay anything related to covid if you refuse the vaccine at this point. The skeezy bastiches try and refuse payments all the time, may as well do it when it makes sense

Reactions: 14 users
I've found that this round of COVID+ patients are just the absolute worst type of patients. Just in my last 3 shifts, I had a 5 wk pregnant patient demanding IV fluids and complaining about it taking 15 minutes to see a doctor when there were people waiting 8 hrs in the waiting room (I laughed as I wrote up her discharge paperwork). The worst case of man flu ever in a 40 yr old, who stated he couldn't move or stand (despite walking into the ER), furious that he was getting discharged despite sating 94% with normal labs and vitals other than a fever. A 40 yr old woman who doesn't believe in COVID stating it is all a hoax, refusing the COVID swab despite being febrile, sating 86% w/ bilateral infiltrates on CXR (she of course left AMA). Another case of man flu in a 20 year old who kept asking whether he was going to die.

At this point I have no sympathy for anyone checking into the ER with COVID who is unvaccinated, and this current round of patients is just confirmation bias that those that won't vaccinate are just the worst.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users
We just closed down our covid wing in our main hospital. 4 inpatients with a low of 2 inpatient this week.

We are seeing a surge here too. I suspect that we are seeing a lot of re-infections, as many people infected over a year ago seem to be coming back. It makes sense, as our understanding of immunity with other similar viruses is 6-12 months of protection after infection.

• Wow
Couple of our local area ICUs are full with COVID. From what I've heard, it's essentially 100% unvaccinated people. Play stupid games....

I had one guy who told me he had "COVID 3 times!" and this was parroted by the idiot EMS driver who brought him in. He did have it last Summer and got re-infected now. Turns out the first time was a viral illness in March of 2020 that was untested but that he attributed to COVID. Guy was obese and super unhealthy. This body type is the vast majority of people I'm seeing now.

• Wow
Had a guy with COVID symptoms and was not vaccinated. he lived with 5 other people:
- his wife, who also have COVID symptoms, was not vaccinated
- his father-in-law, his spouse, and their two young adult kids. All were vaccinated, all feel just fine.

Reactions: 2 users
Got my first jab 10 or so days ago.
Had COVID in December. 2-3 days of modest flu-like symptoms.

I figured I would "go to the back of the line" when the vaccine rollout happened; let those at higher risk go first (39, fit, healthy).

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What line? Vaccines are plentiful and health districts begging/enticing people to get shots. You can get same day, same hour shots walk in where I am at. Easier to get the shot than get my tires rotated.

Reactions: 4 users
What line? Vaccines are plentiful and health districts begging/enticing people to get shots. You can get same day, same hour shots walk in where I am at. Easier to get the shot than get my tires rotated.
I think he meant that back in December, not now.

I think he meant back when it was introduced. I literally had old old people in my building offering me $1000 if I could sneak vaccines out of the hospital for them. I considered it, but I had no way to transport or store them at -20C

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Seeing a few covid cases although none require admission so far. 99% are unvaccinated and with an attitude.

Reactions: 3 users
Couple of our local area ICUs are full with COVID. From what I've heard, it's essentially 100% unvaccinated people. Play stupid games....
They need to all be sent to an internment camp and let nature take its course. I have absolutely no mercy for these people.
However they may put other people at risk who have gotten the vaccine but are immunocompromised anyway, or immunity is wearing off. I have seen a vaccinated, cancer patient reinfected last month, but thankfully no lung symptoms.
Let them win their stupid prize of six feet under.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Why aren't we supporting these people's freedom to put their own life at risk? Such a reversal from the prior COVID threads.

Why aren't we supporting these people's freedom to put their own life at risk? Such a reversal from the prior COVID threads.
Oh I am. Just don't come to my ER looking for fix.

Reactions: 3 users
I know it's you. I was thinking that, like me, your health problems are kinda like big.

My case is pretty mild (used to be clearly worse) and isn't a risk factor for covid related morbidity.

I've been off all meds with no indication of a return in disease activity for quite some time.

But good looking out for me, amigo. Sincerely.

I'm all for the freedom to let yourself die. Unfortunately we still treat morbidly obese with diabetes and COPDers who smoke.

Agreed. Medicine and our wealth is due to people making poor decisions. If everyone did what was right, 90% of us would be without a job.

Seeing a few covid cases although none require admission so far. 99% are unvaccinated and with an attitude.

We've seen RSV and parainfluenza. Some cases of COVID, but I think they're staying home.

Had one guy recently who had 3 weeks of diarrhea. Was treated with PO Vanc for a week for presumed C diff (had been on antibiotics a few months prior). Came to the ER with worsening diarrhea. Did a C diff (negative) and a GI multiplex. He had both Giardia and Campylobacter. Guess he really was having 30 stools daily.

• Wow
The last 2 weeks, all I am seeing are COVID. Basically 50% of our ER is COVID again. Almost all unvaccinated with a sprinkling of vaccinated mildly symptomatic unhealthy 70-80 year olds who are typically immediately discharged. I have yet to admit an appropriately vaccinated COVID patient. My interactions are still the same, with all of the unvaccinated people being the absolutely effing worst patients. They are all either whiny, ***holes, conspiracy theory nutjobs, or just your typical window lickers. I had one tell me how effective hydroxychloroquine was for her, as she's sating 80% on room air.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
The last 2 weeks, all I am seeing are COVID. Basically 50% of our ER is COVID again. Almost all unvaccinated with a sprinkling of vaccinated mildly symptomatic unhealthy 70-80 year olds who are typically immediately discharged. I have yet to admit an appropriately vaccinated COVID patient. My interactions are still the same, with all of the unvaccinated people being the absolutely effing worst patients. They are all either whiny, ***holes, conspiracy theory nutjobs, or just your typical window lickers. I had one tell me how effective hydroxychloroquine was for her, as she's sating 80% on room air.

"Window licker."

Added to lexicon.

What part of the country?

Our local COVID unit is full of unvaccinated people and they are opening up more units again. Not looking forward to kids going back to school next month as many school districts have already announced that they won't require masks despite having buildings full of unvaccinated people who are particularly bad at keeping germs to themselves🙃

Our local COVID unit is full of unvaccinated people and they are opening up more units again. Not looking forward to kids going back to school next month as many school districts have already announced that they won't require masks despite having buildings full of unvaccinated people who are particularly bad at keeping germs to themselves🙃
I'm looking forward to RSV/influenza/parainfluenza/COVID-19/everything else respiratory virus season!

Last edited:
The antivaxxers are starting to roll into the ICU. Im sure their family members will be totally reasonable and pleasant people. Next few months are gonna blow.

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Well statistics suggest they are.

The antivaxxers are starting to roll into the ICU. Im sure their family members will be totally reasonable and pleasant people. Next few months are gonna blow.

Who cares? Why even get it into it with them? I don't ask about their vaccine status, because it doesn't make any difference to my management and disposition.

Reactions: 7 users
Ill give you an example from tonite alone

Crazy antivaxxer “nephrw” wants the patient transferred out to another icu. He keeps calling the nursing supervisor, me, floor RNs, charge nurse, etc. The pt is married but this “nephew” is the one consistently calling. He states there is nonsuch thing as covid and wants him removed from the hospital. Also threatening to get a “sherrif” and his own ambulance to get the patient.

Ive spent more time dealing with this tonite alone than my new patient I just received.

Its this **** that is gonna get worse in the next few months. These are not reasonable people.

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users

Crazy antivaxxer “nephrw” wants the patient transferred out to another icu. He keeps calling the nursing supervisor, me, floor RNs, charge nurse, etc. The pt is married but this “nephew” is the one consistently calling. He states there is nonsuch thing as covid and wants him removed from the hospital. Also threatening to get a “sherrif” and his own ambulance to get the patient.

Ive spent more time dealing with this tonite alone than my new patient I just received.

Its this **** that is gonna get worse in the next few months. These are not reasonable people.

Why talk to them? I just ignore crazy people. Let him get the sheriff involed, and his own ambulance. Don't feed the (crazy) bears.

But why even give the nephew any information…is he the NOK? The HCPOA?

That is pure poetry. #masterclass