CPJE results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyeman28

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I'm a pharmacist in Massachusetts who just took the CPJE on 7/21/2010. Just wondering if anyone has any info on how long it took them to get their results. If anyone has and questions about the exam or how I studied, please let me know. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey eyeman!

Congrats of finishing the CPJE and good luck on the result! I'm sure you'll do fine. BTW, how long have you been a pharmd in MA?

So HOW did you study for the CPJE: how long, and what book(s) did you use? I'll be taking it the end of Aug and just started study last week. Thanks...any advice is appreciated!

Hey eyeman!

Congrats of finishing the CPJE and good luck on the result! I'm sure you'll do fine. BTW, how long have you been a pharmd in MA?

So HOW did you study for the CPJE: how long, and what book(s) did you use? I'll be taking it the end of Aug and just started study last week. Thanks...any advice is appreciated!

Thanks! I've been in a pharmacist in MA for a year (graduated in May '09). I used Weissman, APHA, Health Notes on BOP website, and Kaplan. Overall it was tough (especially having never worked in CA) but certainly passable. Good lucK!

Members don't see this ad :)
hi eyeman, I also took my cpje on 7/21 and no results yet. plz when you get yours tell me.

@semsem2: My friend took his cpje 2 weeks ago from today, he just got his result. I took mind last friday, haven't heard about it yet. Getting nervous and having bad dreams about it.

good luck!!! You'll get your result in the next few days. Good luck again!!!

@semsem2: My friend took his cpje 2 weeks ago from today, he just got his result. I took mind last friday, haven't heard about it yet. Getting nervous and having bad dreams about it.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll get yours soon. Mine will take a few days longer since I'm in Massachusetts.

omg, i had nightmares too, i took it on friday july 29. my other friend had nightmares too....what a bad day,,,i need a feng shui master!!!:D

Members don't see this ad :)

thanks zhuzhupharmd, good luck .

My CJPE was on July 30th, and got the result today. I passed with an 85.

Good luck to all you guys.

How long after you submit the $150 application fee, before you get your license?

Hi everyone...i am an rph from ny (class of '00) just took the cpje 8/10/10 and i was wonderng if anyone knew about the bulletin re the delay of scores as of 8/2/10? does that refer to ppl who took the exam b4 or after 8/2??

Hi everyone...i am an rph from ny (class of '00) just took the cpje 8/10/10 and i was wonderng if anyone knew about the bulletin re the delay of scores as of 8/2/10? does that refer to ppl who took the exam b4 or after 8/2??

Oh why in the world Ca board has to do that review again?

Last edited:
Hey all. I'm a pharmacist in Massachusetts who just took the CPJE on 7/21/2010. Just wondering if anyone has any info on how long it took them to get their results. If anyone has and questions about the exam or how I studied, please let me know. Thanks!

How long before exam did you begin studying Im waiting to hear back from board as to when i can sit. I am currently reviewing Weissmans law and purchased apha book

How long before exam did you begin studying Im waiting to hear back from board as to when i can sit. I am currently reviewing Weissmans law and purchased apha book

I started studying about 6 weeks before but I was working full time so it kind of on an off. I felt it was enough time to go over Cali law and APHA review.

it was mostly clinical then, do you think wiessmans summed it up well?? sorry im freaking out bc my fiance is moving to san diego to get a job and ill be stuck on maui until i pass this exam

it was mostly clinical then, do you think wiessmans summed it up well?? sorry im freaking out bc my fiance is moving to san diego to get a job and ill be stuck on maui until i pass this exam

I know how you feel! My girlfriend is going to med school in the bay area and I'm in Boston until I get this stuff resolved...I want everything done right.

Yeah, Weissman sufficed for the law portion, it was pretty straight forward...the questions on law were mainly about timelines in reporting things to the board (e.g. loss/theft), record keeping, control substance filling, etc....CPJE was mostly clinical tho, I used APHA and Kaplan which was a good review for me. As long as you focus on the relevant stuff (class side effects, individual drug side effects, counseling points, monitoring parameters, storage/compatibility (esp. with IV's), and some basic therapeutics) you'll be fine. Not so much MOA's. Good luck!

I agree with Eyeman regarding the CPJE.

Weissman itself has a lot of details also but I felt it was enough. The 150 questions at the end of the book help you determine if you understand the book. The book itself is a quick read, took me about 1 day or so, maybe less. I did the questions, it reinforces your understanding of the reading. I think chapter 17 has a summary of the dates and timelines (don't quote me though). Those are helpful.

On my cpje, I did not get many law questions. There are more clinical stuffs but it's reasonable.

Anyway good luck and hope this help.