CPJE second time around...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

passcpjenow2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just began preparing to take the CPJE for the second time. Is there anyone out there that is in the same situation as me? Is there anyone who passed the first time willing to share some feedback?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes I have to retake it as well. Not really sure how to study differently this time.

I also have to retake it. Shooting for first week of December, that's when my 91 days are up.
hey dexter, I'm taking it this FRIDAY. OMG. are working, only studying, what are you studying? omg any tips?? what did you feel like you fell short on the first time? omg I'm going in on FRIDAY. I feel well prepared, but I also did for the first one. I didn't do anything different this time around. I went over the LAW book again this past weekend and started RXPREP book again this morning. I over prepare, I'm a fast reader so started reading the whole RXPREP book. ugh but starting tomorrow morning going to focus on the boxes of the disease states now. I'm on ID right now. omg I thought I would be less nervous this time since i already seen the exam once. But my nerves starting going crazy again this evening. well, i have 3 more days! wish me luck, would love to hear from. personal message me if you would like.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm focusing more on the dosing aspects and brand/generics (which I am somewhat terrible at). I'm pretty nervous about retaking it because I didn't really feel prepared for either NAPLEX or CPJE even though I passed NAPLEX with an ok score. I'm also haven't been working for a few months because I lost my job :(

Desperately need to pass this exam and get licensed already so I can find another job. Hopefully there are more pharmacist positions available than Grad Intern ones....

Good Luck to you!

okay yes definitely definitely focus on brand and generic and indications of each drug (super easy). and the big disease state you think you would see here in california such as HIV, diabetes, hypertension, the cholesterol medications, skin conditions for sure. Big counseling points (SE's and storage). PS anticipate about 7 law questions. remember there is only one right answer. use process of elimination and start immediately. I have huge huge huge test anxiety, hard to believe I made it this far with my studies huh? But I'm going to kick my test anxiety in the butt his friday! I think I fall short last time because my heart was racing the entire time i was taking the test and i couldn't think clearly. thank you for the well wishes. Please please message me for any advice. I know how it feels. I would like to be able to help you as much as i can. You can do it. I'm very sorry to hear about your job loss. keep your head held high and let's finish the year with a BANG. feel free to shoot me any any any messages. I'm happy to help.

study study study!

I'm focusing more on the dosing aspects and brand/generics (which I am somewhat terrible at). I'm pretty nervous about retaking it because I didn't really feel prepared for either NAPLEX or CPJE even though I passed NAPLEX with an ok score. I'm also haven't been working for a few months because I lost my job :(

Desperately need to pass this exam and get licensed already so I can find another job. Hopefully there are more pharmacist positions available than Grad Intern ones....

Good Luck to you!

okay yes definitely definitely focus on brand and generic and indications of each drug (super easy). and the big disease state you think you would see here in california such as HIV, diabetes, hypertension, the cholesterol medications, skin conditions for sure. Big counseling points (SE's and storage). PS anticipate about 7 law questions. remember there is only one right answer. use process of elimination and start immediately. I have huge huge huge test anxiety, hard to believe I made it this far with my studies huh? But I'm going to kick my test anxiety in the butt his friday! I think I fall short last time because my heart was racing the entire time i was taking the test and i couldn't think clearly. thank you for the well wishes. Please please message me for any advice. I know how it feels. I would like to be able to help you as much as i can. You can do it. I'm very sorry to hear about your job loss. keep your head held high and let's finish the year with a BANG. feel free to shoot me any any any messages. I'm happy to help.

study study study!