cpje

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

othkate

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi

i was wondering if there are any advice on studying for the cpje beside reading the weisman book and apha book? any advice and recommendation are helpful... so stress out about the exams.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi cpje,

I am a rph from ny...i am waiting for psi to send me authorization...do you know how long does it to actually take the exam?.....plus is the weisman book really needed if you get the pharmacy law stuff from the website?
let me know your thoughts....

:thumbup:

I found out today that I passed the CPJE with a score well above the required.

My study strategy included studying APhA and weismann book. In addition to this, I looked at IV diluents (D5W, NS only), antibiotics suspensions (dosage, frequency, refrigeration etc), dosing on new drugs from 2006-2007, law questions posted on Boards website.

Hopefully this will help you as well!

hi shal

congratulations!!!

When did you take ur cpje? Even I'm waiting for the result I took mine on the 3rd of july. I have no paitence:scared:

thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I took mine on Jun 27. You should be getting your results soon.

I found out today that I passed the CPJE with a score well above the required.

My study strategy included studying APhA and weismann book. In addition to this, I looked at IV diluents (D5W, NS only), antibiotics suspensions (dosage, frequency, refrigeration etc), dosing on new drugs from 2006-2007, law questions posted on Boards website.

Hopefully this will help you as well!

Congrats!! I had a feeling you would pass and with a really good score too.:D

Where are the law questions on the Boards website?

Again, congratulations. Must be a great feeling.:thumbup:

In addition to this, I looked at IV diluents (D5W, NS only), antibiotics suspensions (dosage, frequency, refrigeration etc),

Congrats on passing the board! I was wondering if you can tell me where you would find info for IV diluents (D5W, NS only; short stability, protect from light). I have not worked in a hospital and I am having such a hard time finding this info. Thank you in advance.

Hi

I passed cpje. Here is the website for iv diluents

http://www.globalrph.com/index_dilution_orig.htm

I think cpje is eaiser than NAPLEX .

Advice for future test takers study APHA really well. Do mech, side effects, allergies very imp. for both exams even on not so common drugs, adv reactions, frequency, and of course math and everything from apha pharmacology chapters.

for cpje study weisman and apha well. After retail experience cpje is easy.

Thank you! Any guildence on the IV diluents? There are so many. I am trying hard to use my time wisely. Thank you for your advice.

Thank you! Any guildence on the IV diluents? There are so many. I am trying hard to use my time wisely. Thank you for your advice.

PM me your email and I can send you what I used. It was given to us by one of our classmates and doesn't contain all the drugs. But I found it to be sufficient!

Does anyone know how long it takes for cpje results to be released? I took mine a couple of days ago and I have no patience. Is it a bad sign to feel good about your exam after you're finished? I hear that some people end up failing when they feel like they did well on these board exams. Now I'm scared. :(

i found out the result 2 1/2 weeks after. i felt horrible after the exam but i passed it. so if you had a good feeling about the test... it is a good thing cuz that means you are prepared and know your material well. don't worry, just relax and enjoy the time you have now.. before you start working.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took mine last week and felt horrible,did anybody get their results recently?I am eagerly waiting

only about 10-15 law questions

rest were clinical

a few off the wall questions

only a handful were verbatim off the sample test on the board website

what irked me the most were the questions which asked to "choose the best answer"
:thumbdown:

only about 10-15 law questions

rest were clinical

a few off the wall questions

only a handful were verbatim off the sample test on the board website

what irked me the most were the questions which asked to "choose the best answer"
:thumbdown:

Do you mind sharing some of the questions you got? I am taking mine in 2 days.. thanks!

Board website says that they'll release the results by mid-september,do you guys have any idea if they release by that time or it may get further delay?any experience

the QA goes on until 400 people have taken the CPJE, however i dont know if they wait to review the them before releasing.

Any of you guys get the question about the lady and preventing UTI's and what to do? I chose to advise her to use a douche after sex. Anybody know?

Any of you guys get the question about the lady and preventing UTI's and what to do? I chose to advise her to use a douche after sex. Anybody know?

I do not know what the other answers are..But Doushing shouldn't be our choice cause it is not recommended.Douching increases a woman's chances of infection by changing the normal acidity of the vagina which keeps the amount of bacteria down. Thus douching can change this delicate balance and make a woman more prone to vaginal infections...If she get frequent UTI more than 2 in 6 mo or 3 in a year we can use bacrtim SS for 6 mo or can use barcrim DS after sex..and she should use the bathroom after sex..along with good hygine before sex.

soso:)

i got that question

i think the other answers were

"wipe back to front"

another "douche" answer

and "avoid feminine products containing deodorants"

i put the last one

I wish I had that question today. Douche=No; Back to Front wipe=It's the other way around; avoid product with fragrant= ok but not the best :oops:)
Instead, I got really weird questions :oops:( I'm so upset now... but if you pm me, I'll tell you the weird questions that I remember. Good luck!

Last edited:
i got that question

i think the other answers were

"wipe back to front"

another "douche" answer

and "avoid feminine products containing deodorants"

i put the last one

I think the last one was the douche wasn't it?

It was a terrible question.. hopefully it didnt count.

PM me your email and I can send you what I used. It was given to us by one of our classmates and doesn't contain all the drugs. But I found it to be sufficient!

I have received several requests per week for a list of the IV diluents. If anyone is interested in getting this list, please send me a PM with your EMAIL. If you do not provide me with your email, I cannot send the list! Unfortunately, I will be unable to PM back anyone who doesn't provide the email.

I have received several requests per week for a list of the IV diluents. If anyone is interested in getting this list, please send me a PM with your EMAIL. If you do not provide me with your email, I cannot send the list! Unfortunately, I will be unable to PM back anyone who doesn't provide the email.

Shal,
Thanks so much for the list. I got it the night before the exam :) Where are you in the Bay Area? Who do you work for? I'll buy you a drink if we meet :D

How was the exam Maximo..Iam doing mine Monday..Iam using Shal outlines as well ..did it help on the exam?

Reactions: 1 user
How was the exam Maximo..Iam doing mine Monday..Iam using Shal outlines as well ..did it help on the exam?

To be honest with you the exam was terrible and I fell horrible :( Shal outline is excellent, unfortunately I didn't get any question of the drugs on that list :( But don't be scare, be prepared :)

I typed up what was on my exam and some weird questions that I had for other members here. Contact member SPYR and pharmd0507 for the questions that I sent them. Hopefully you don't get my exam but if you do you'll be prepare ;) Take care and Good luck!

To be honest with you the exam was terrible and I fell horrible :( Shal outline is excellent, unfortunately I didn't get any question of the drugs on that list :( But don't be scare, be prepared :)

I typed up what was on my exam and some weird questions that I had for other members here. Contact member SPYR and pharmd0507 for the questions that I sent them. Hopefully you don't get my exam but if you do you'll be prepare ;) Take care and Good luck!

Thanks and Good luck to ya!!

Hi shal,
can you give me some advice how you study for cpje?

I really appreciate if you could send me some info for that.
Thanks.

Last edited: