Crack the PAT vs Kaplan compared to real DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ranasayys

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I finished my Kaplan course, and I bought Crack that PAT for extra PAT practice, and I've noticed that the angles and hole punching on Crack that PAT are a lot harder than the Kaplan full length practice tests. For someone who's already taken the DAT and has used these 2 programs, what can I expect on the real DAT? Hole punching/angles like Crack that PAT or Kaplan style?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Though there are other opinions, many/most people agree that Crack DAT PAT is the best representation of the real test. Kaplan is a fair amount easier than the real thing.

I scored a 20 on the PAT and mainly used Crack DAT PAT. I can't quite remember but I think there was a section or two on the real thing that seemed more difficult than crack. I want to say pattern folding was one of them but who knows. Just be sure to see how you stack up on practice tests and to go over your wrong answers.

Kaplan is definitely way too easy. I personally didn't try Crack DAT PAT but I wish I had...I've heard that PAT is easier than Crack DAT PAT and I can assure you it is harder than Kaplan. So definitely do cdp and you should be good to go :)