craziest retail stories

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VeeSee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
share them

I haven't worked that long in retail but I've already seen plenty of stuff

saw a patient having a tonic clonic seizure while he was in line waiting for his medicine ... saw a dude in a towel walking in the isles ... some lady told me about her doctor being inappropriate with her while i was trying to explain what a prior authorization is ...

Members don't see this ad.

A woman came in with a UTI saying, "It feels like my v***** is on fire"

True story. I laughed. She laughed. It was a good time.

This lady saying her birth control pills didn't work and when asked how she takes them.....she stated her bf is the one taking it. Sigh. ..

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A few years ago there was a customer who passed away in the waiting room while waiting for a flu shot. He was sitting in a chair and when the pharmacist and another customer tried to wake him, he was already gone. They called for an ambulance and everything and I guess it took them awhile to get him out of there. They had to put up the immunization privacy screen.

I've seen a patient have a seizure while waiting too, so sad. Also a tech told me a female customer was in a car in the drive through half naked (she had a top on), but I didn't look.

Reactions: 1 user
NuvaRing worn as a bracelet

Reactions: 4 users
Oh and being told by a customer that she hopes I get fired and get cancer so I experience the pain she has to go through since we did not have enough Fentanyl patches in stock for her that day. I know she was truly in pain but that one caught me off guard.

I just love when customers say:
  • "Oh, I'm gonna go to "X" pharmacy instead, because they're much better."
Typically says it after not receiving their prescription within ten minutes when CLEARLY there's five other people ahead of you. They proceed to call back ten minutes later and complain to the manager or goes up front and thinks that they have more influence upon those in the pharmacy.
  • "Can you transfer my prescriptions to your pharmacy? I like you guys more."
Don't lie to me.

Customer called me an "ignorant f****t" when I told her that her Vicodin had no refills. I just laughed because it actually was kind of funny. She called corporate and said I was rude to her, she got a gift card. I was told not to laugh at people.

Reactions: 2 users
I got robbed at knifepoint and the guy only got 1 year in prison.

Reactions: 1 users
6' 10" 250+ lbs hobo helped himself to a bottle of champagne and a tall boy and proceeded to chug the champagne at drop off. Then pissed himself while the entire line a pickup laughed. This entire incident took only about 30 seconds. Kinda took a second to take it all in before confronting him.

Old grandpa, foreigner, can't speak English, comes up to me, passes me a note across the counter. I take it, open it. It reads, "Give me gel for old people sex." I walk him to the K-Y and said "You need this."

Reactions: 7 users
we used to have homeless people put mouthwash in the drink cooler so it would be easier to drink, and not the craziest but I had a lady bring me her clock on Sunday the week before last (daylight savings) to set it for her, then told me it better be correct, she didn't want to be late places

I had an old gentleman ask for help with picking out condoms....for his dog. Turns out he was using them as paw covers in the winter months lol.

Reactions: 3 users
I got robbed at knifepoint and the guy only got 1 year in prison.
wow - my old boss was robbed - he tried to grab the gun, wrestled him to the ground, gun went off (no one was hurt) - then he proceeded to chase the guy out of the store with said gun. He got 25 years in prison with no chance of parole.

I was told this at one of the stores I floated at.

"It was a really hot summer day and we had tons of customers coming in and out of the store. To improve customer service we set up a cooler near the bathroom with a sign saying they could take one free water bottle for the road. After a couple of hours the store manager came to refill the water cooler, only to find a large smelly present inside. I guess there were so many customers that the bathrooms got clogged, and one fine gentleman decided to use our cooler as an emergency toilet"

:asshat:

A women called in for a refill and was whispering the whole time as if the phone call was being recorded. She was whispering "no no listen listen to me I said I need x and o medication" in my head I'm like speak up!!

customers say "there's something wrong every time I come here" and I never seen them before or "I'm gonna die and no one cares" when their doctor needs to call us back or we are oss.

Someone was waiting for insulin and dropped to the floor and the associates went to get candy or sugary drinks and the customer said they weren't hungry the ambulance came and took the person out.

it's more interesting with crazy days @_@

Intern story: last month wrkn at Walgreens, man was telling customers leaving the front entrance to give him money to buy his meds or to take some of their medication if they didn't mind ( yes,, they mind)...manager on duty called police after he wouldn't listen or leave, after grabbing her arm and not letting go (I had clocked out headn home) I rushed to him only to have a gun pulled on me: soon he smiled and stated it was a watergun and squirted water on me...needless to say, police came and me and one other held him down til they showed up...just another day of retail...

This one isn't really funny, but it has always stuck out in my mind.

We had a gentleman come to the pick up window one day asking if he had picked up his aricept because he couldn't remember. We checked and he had which we explained to him and told him the date it was picked up. He left looking a bit confused. The pharmacist checked his profile to see if it looked like he'd been taking it as scheduled and it looked like he had so she called his doctor's office to let him know that it might not be working at that dose and why.