Creating School List: Mexican-American 3.46 GPA 34 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JessebenBenjamin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Honestly, apply anywhere you want. I really think top schools will look at your app.

Members don't see this ad :)
@JessebenBenjamin

You are applying to 3 of the schools in Chicago but I really think you should consider applying to the higher ranked ones: Pritzker (yes I'm affiliated and want more Latinos lol) and also Northwestern.

You and I have very similar stats - I was a high 60s LizzyM with a 4.0 in a MS program and I got a lot of top 25 love and ended up matriculating at a Top 10. Look at my MDApps. If I were you I would dare to go a little more top heavy with my list. You also attended a much more esteemed undergraduate institution than me. That does add some weight.

No te subestimes. Solo tienes 2 facultades de los viente mejores - puedes tener 10 si quieres.

Suerte.

Reactions: 1 users
UCSF, Stanford, Columbia, Mayo... even Pritzker! :(
Essentially every top 10 (and then some)
My gf (non-URM) just got into a top 5 school... with this in mind
I would like to stay positive and aim high, but at the same time I don't want to waste my money applying to schools I have virtually no shot at.
You definitely need to include the CA schools. Add some of the others if they interest you.