creighton alternate wait list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dingleberrylove

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, i was denied a waitlist spot at creighton univ. can those who got on their alternate wait list please share thier dat scores and gpas. thank you i appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I was notified on my placement on the alternate list via email on April 21, 2009. My GPA is 3.6 and my DAT school was 17 PAT 19. Hope that helps!

Have you guys heard anything on the waitlist movement from Creighton yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey i'm on the waitlist too. did any of you call or get in contact with them?

me too. I haven't contacted them but i want to know how big is this list?

I am also on the wait-list. My GPA is 3.748 AA 18 SA 19. The wait-list has 30 people on it. As I understand it, if someone drops out, then all 30 are considered for that one spot. The list is not ranked.

did all of you interview there? i was never invited for an interview....just wondering...! i figure i'm kind of at a disadvantage if they've interviewed everyone else on the list!

did all of you interview there? i was never invited for an interview....just wondering...! i figure i'm kind of at a disadvantage if they've interviewed everyone else on the list!

I don't think Creighton requires interviews. One of their represenitives came to my school, (University of Wyoming), and I met with him here. But, if you are on the waitlist I think you have just as good of a chance as anyone else. :horns:

I've interviewed there. I am not sure if having an interview would boost your chance or not. Either way, I called today, and Diane said there is no movement so far on the waitlist. She said people typically drop out in May/June, so I guess we just have to be patient!!

I called today...no movement on the waitlist. Best of luck to everyone who's waiting with me! :)

I also made it onto the final alternate list. does anyone know when creighton plans on selecting people? good luck to everyone else who is waiting! :oops:

no movement as of yesterday. good luck everyone!

I am too waiting for a spot to open. It's very hard to get a hold of Dr. Ayers. Anyhow, I wish the best to you other applicants as well! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Still no movement. The best way to reach Dr. Ayers seems to be e-mailing him.

Talked to Diane today also. I asked her through her experience how many people get off from the wait list and she says about 5 to 6 and it's throughout the summer. She doesn't know about this year though but hey, there's still hope right? GL!

the suspense is killing me! I still haven't heard and don't want to keep bugging the admissions committee. what a frustrating process...

let's stay positive! :xf:

any updates on the waitlist? i tried calling but kept getting voicemail... :(

I talked to Diane last week and she said there was still no movement on the list. Apparently students just aren't dropping their spots, which is unusual. It isn't looking promising...I've already got my next round of apps in, just in case. GL! :oops:

Wow, I too find it weird that spots aren't open this summer. But yea...round two..here we come. GL :)

I am also in suspense, waiting to see what happens to the alternate list.

I spoke to Dr. Ayers last week, and he said that there has been no movement as of yet.

I really want to attend Creighton's dental program!!

no movement as of today...class is still full...

oh well, the economy sucks and no one can find jobs. makes sense that everyone is holding on to their spots.

bad economy = more ppl applying to professional schools

bad economy = more ppl applying to professional schools

I agree with that, but holding onto the spots? As if once previous years once accepted they would drop out and get a job?

I agree with that, but holding onto the spots? As if once previous years once accepted they would drop out and get a job?
No. People are attending the cheaper schools instead of the more expensive private institutions. Creighton is the cheapest private dental schools as of last fall. And the cost of living in Omaha is insanely cheap.

did anyone on the Creighton waitlist get in??

i have an interview for a waitlist spot in feb, and from my understanding there is no ranking on the waitlist.....so how do they select candidates when a spot opens up?