Creighton Postbac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brownskinladae

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know any information about this program? Has anyone participated? It sounds great.

Members don't see this ad.

Try going to Creighton's med school webiste and search for the postbac program.....I believe it is for disadvantaged students but I may be wrong. Good luck!!!!

:)

I've been to their website about it, but it doesn't say very much. Do you know anything about it? Or about the school itself?

Members don't see this ad :)
No I do not. I received some information about it a couple of years ago but I eneded up giving the information on the Creighton postbac program to a friend. You may want to call the school up and ask them if you could speak to the postbac director and try to get some information and possibly get on the mailing list. It sounds like a great program and hopefully it will work out for you in the end. Good luck! :D

It is up my lane. I have a friend who finished this program. He is a MS-3 right now at Creighton. He said that the program is pretty competetive because there is only a number of students are taken from this program to med school. So everyone is competing for these places.

Originally posted by Creightonite
It is up my lane. I have a friend who finished this program. He is a MS-3 right now at Creighton. He said that the program is pretty competetive because there is only a number of students are taken from this program to med school. So everyone is competing for these places.

No, all the post-baccs have guaranteed acceptance provided they meet the standards. Not all of the class ends up meeting the standards though. Are you at Creighton med? I think I know who your friend is. He was probably saying that the post-bacc program is competitive to get into.....not referring to the post-baccs getting into the med school.

My roomate went the the Creighton postbacc. It sounded pretty competitive.......you have to make the grades and also get a certain score on the mcat. If you get accepted to the postbacc, they pay for you to go and do it. However, I think this year, they changed that (you have to pay) and it may no longer be just for minorities. My roomate is asian and I guess that is considered a minority here.

Jetson