Creighton RDEP program/interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Squeegified

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the Utah RDEP program and how to apply for it?
Also, are the RDEP interviews in Utah by invitation only, or if you have to call to set one up?

Members don't see this ad.

Good post. I'd like to know as well. Also does anyone know if you are from Utah are you only considered for the RDEP program, because I would rather go to Creighton all 4 years. And I know the RDEP program is much more competative that regular admission.

When you apply to Creighton and you are from Utah you are automatically considered for the RDEP program. You need to interview with Dr. Powell which is the director of the RDEP program. You will need to call the U of U pre health office to find out times of interviews. Creighton used to take more than 10 Utahns (10 are for the RDEP program) but for the last few years they only have taken 10.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Uteman! that's very helpful. :)

UTEMAN21 said:
When you apply to Creighton and you are from Utah you are automatically considered for the RDEP program. You need to interview with Dr. Powell which is the director of the RDEP program. You will need to call the U of U pre health office to find out times of interviews. Creighton used to take more than 10 Utahns (10 are for the RDEP program) but for the last few years they only have taken 10.

kurt10 said:
Good post. I'd like to know as well. Also does anyone know if you are from Utah are you only considered for the RDEP program, because I would rather go to Creighton all 4 years. And I know the RDEP program is much more competative that regular admission.

I was wondering the same thing. I sure hope you're considered for both. I would think that they consider you for both though. That would be kind of lame if they took your opportunity to get in to 1 of 90 spots, down to 1 of 10 just for being from Utah.

Squeegified said:
I was wondering the same thing. I sure hope you're considered for both. I would think that they consider you for both though. That would be kind of lame if they took your opportunity to get in to 1 of 90 spots, down to 1 of 10 just for being from Utah.

As the above poster said, you are considered for both, however lately they've only accepted the 10 RDEP students from Utah (no other Utah students above and beyond those 10).

Squeegified said:
When I was in my interview with Dr. Powell I asked him this very question. He basically said that if your from Utah that you will only be considered for the RDEP positions even though it's a private school. He said there is a really small chance that after the RDEP had filled up that they may look at another Utah student but that rarely happens. So to sum it all up, your chances to get into Creighton go down because you are from Utah. :thumbdown:

Dutchboy said:
When I was in my interview with Dr. Powell I asked him this very question. He basically said that if your from Utah that you will only be considered for the RDEP positions even though it's a private school. He said there is a really small chance that after the RDEP had filled up that they may look at another Utah student but that rarely happens. So to sum it all up, your chances to get into Creighton go down because you are from Utah. :thumbdown:

That kinda stinks. Oh well. I'll just cross my fingers :)