Creighton University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Osity

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a fourth-year at Creighton, and figured I would post on here to answer any questions about CU that you may have. There was a senior that did that four years ago when I was accepted, and it was really helpful.

I am happy to answer any and all questions about Creighton. If you have specific/personal questions, you can also PM me.

Congrats on acceptances and don't give up if you haven't been accepted yet-spots will open up!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I didn't receive the first round acceptance email this morning. I called Diane today and asked her on my application status and she said that my application was still with the admissions committee and has not been decided. I was wondering if you know what that could mean? Am I waitlisted or have they just not decided on whether or not I am accepted? I interviewed a little later on Nov. 4th. I know that they will fill the spots of others who don't matriculate to Creighton.
Thanks!

Hi,
I didn't receive the first round acceptance email this morning. I called Diane today and asked her on my application status and she said that my application was still with the admissions committee and has not been decided. I was wondering if you know what that could mean? Am I waitlisted or have they just not decided on whether or not I am accepted? I interviewed a little later on Nov. 4th. I know that they will fill the spots of others who don't matriculate to Creighton.
Thanks!

I am not sure what that means, but I would think it would put you on a waitlist. There will be a whole bunch of people accepted to Creighton and other schools, and they will decide on other schools and spots will open up. I would keep on the admissions committee and make sure they know of your interest. Don't be annoying, but show your interest. Hope that helps and good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, Thank you! That is what I was assuming that I was on an unofficial waitlist kind of deal. Creighton is my top choice. Do you know of any way to stay on the admissions committee without being annoying, just email or call every once in a while to make sure I am showing interest, or a letter of intent if accepted? I am a resident of NE so that may be obvious but I do like to avoid the annoying/worried applicant situation if possible Ha!

I would call and talk with Dr. Norton, and make sure he knows that Creighton is your top choice. Creighton, like any other school, has a certain number of spots it needs to fill. They don't want to accept people who they don't think will come here. If you express you interest, there's a good chance you can get it since you already interviewed here.

How far do you think you guys will go in the NCAA tournament?

Awesome thank you for the help and timely responses.

I pm'ed her before she posted this thread I think so I will share the questions she has answered for me. I really appreciate your responses!

-how is the clinic, are there ample patients, do you get assistants, how many patients do you see every day?
Clinic is awesome. There is a 3-month waiting list to get in as a patient. There is so much work to do here, most students are booked 3-4 weeks in advanced.

In a typical clinic session (4 hours) I see anywhere from 1-3 patients, depending on what I'm doing. It's slow because it's dental school and we don't get to work out of multiple chairs. I think this is similar at most schools.

No assistants, unless you're doing oral surgery or endodontic surgery. It sucks, and I think they could make it so you had an assistant, but you learn how to work through a lot.

-a general schedule of your week in D1/D2 and D3/D4(how long and what days are you in class/in clinic/get off)(ex. 7-8 test 8-5 class, nothing too in depth)
D1: Class 8-5 plus studying. There are days you get out early or don't have class, but that's not the norm. I planned on being here all day.

D2: Class 1/2 day, lab 1/2 day. The most difficult year in my opinion.

D3: Clinic 3 1/2 days a week, class 1 1/2 days

D4: Clinic 3 1/2 days a weeks, class 1 1/2 days. In the spring, you have electives you can take or not, but have no tests outside of boards.

*We never have Fridays off. Clinic is Friday afternoon to prevent students from cutting out early. There are a lot of Fridays that I skip lecture, but cutting clinic is hard to do, plus I'm paying a ton of money and want to be in clinic.

-Do you ever leave the campus to do a clinic rotation in a different area?
You don't have to, but can choose to, and I would because it's a great experience. I have been to an Indian Reservation twice in South Dakota, Dallas for Oral Surgery, and the hospital in Omaha for general dentistry. They are all elective, but definitely worth it.

-Are the lectures recorded and is class mandatory?
Some lecture are recorded, and class is "mandatory", although I have missed plenty of classes, as has everyone else in my class.
-do they have sufficient supplies and seats in clinic?
Yes, there are 190 chairs. I have never had a problem getting a chair in any department.

-is the tuition exactly 56k or are there 15k in hidden fees like (secret school)
Tuition is $56k (or whatever they say), plus there's a SIMS fee, which pays for instrument sterilization and maintenance. It sucks, but there's nothing we can do about it. I don't think there are any other hidden fees.

-how is Omaha? Plenty of your people?
Omaha is awesome. Lots to do, great people. I'm not sure what 'your people' means, but it's an awesome place and if a great opportunity came by, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here.

^^^also I meant to say YOUNG people

By the way, I'm a 'him', not a 'her'. Just FYI :).

Hi,

I am an international student and have BS in Science and Education (Out of USA) (GPA 4.0/4.0), Masters in Chemistry (Out of USA) with GPA 3.5/4.0 (Evaluated by WES). And completed PhD in Microbiology from USA (GPA 3.67/4.0). Currently working as a post-doctorate research fellow in USA. Recently I have taken DAT. My DAT scores are as follows:
AA: 20
TS: 21
PAT: 21

I am highly interested in Creighton, as my PhD is also from Creighton. Can you please suggest me, my chances of being accepted? Thanks in advance. I have contacted several pre-dental societies but couldn't get the answers because they always misunderstood me with the international dentists. And when I replied with the correction of misunderstanding, they never reply back.

I would highly appreciate your kind favor.

I was curious if there is (are) ant good way(s) you could think of to help prepare for the first year there? I'd really like to hit the ground running when I arrive.

Also, just for laughs, do you have any funny/fun/strange stores you'd be willing to tell that happened when at school? :)

Hi,

I am an international student and have BS in Science and Education (Out of USA) (GPA 4.0/4.0), Masters in Chemistry (Out of USA) with GPA 3.5/4.0 (Evaluated by WES). And completed PhD in Microbiology from USA (GPA 3.67/4.0). Currently working as a post-doctorate research fellow in USA. Recently I have taken DAT. My DAT scores are as follows:
AA: 20
TS: 21
PAT: 21

I am highly interested in Creighton, as my PhD is also from Creighton. Can you please suggest me, my chances of being accepted? Thanks in advance. I have contacted several pre-dental societies but couldn't get the answers because they always misunderstood me with the international dentists. And when I replied with the correction of misunderstanding, they never reply back.

I would highly appreciate your kind favor.
I got a chance to meet Dr. Norton when he was having interviews with other applicant at my school earlier this year, I'm also international student and I brought this up to him as he said any international students should be fine to apply as long as you could secure the tuition :). I personally think you should email Dr.Norton about this, he is the guy!!!

I got a chance to meet Dr. Norton when he was having interviews with other applicant at my school earlier this year, I'm also international student and I brought this up to him as he said any international students should be fine to apply as long as you could secure the tuition :). I personally think you should email Dr.Norton about this, he is the guy!!!
Thanks a lot lak, I will definitely contact Dr. Norton.