Cross-Listed Classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Double Bonded

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've taken several classes through non-science departments that are cross-listed with the Molecular Biology department at my school. The classes were offered by both departments and students were in the same exact class.

I didn't remember/realize that they were cross-listed until I filled out my AADSAS application and now that I know I was wondering if they could possibly count toward my science GPA.

I can't find a lot of threads about cross-listed classes but does anyone know if they are considered science if they were cross-listed with a science department?

Members don't see this ad.

bump because you quoted my thread and i'm also still in need of an answer. mine is a little different though -- the class i was referring to is "evolution" and is, obviously, about evolution (human specifically). i would just put it as science if you need to boost it. might as well and then if you have to change it, do it later.

Members don't see this ad :)
bump because you quoted my thread and i'm also still in need of an answer. mine is a little different though -- the class i was referring to is "evolution" and is, obviously, about evolution (human specifically). i would just put it as science if you need to boost it. might as well and then if you have to change it, do it later.

Called AADSAS the next day to clarify. They said that they do it by the department it was offered through, even if it was the same exact class.

So nutrition is going to be other science.

I had a similar situation except my classes were honors and study abroad. On my transcript it doesn't specify if the classes are honors or study abroad. So, what I did was get a letter from my registrar indicating which of my classes were honors and study abroad and had them place that letter in a sealed envelope with my transcripts and matching form.

I suggest that you two do something similar and have your registrars office write a letter indicating that these courses were "cross-listed" with the bio department and are therefore bio intensive. This should make everything clear so there are no confusions or hold ups with the processing of your transcripts. Hope that helps.