CSPM Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Heyitssandie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yippeee I'm so excited! CALIFORNIAAA:D:love::laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yayy! Congrats, must feel so rewarding and such a relief.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahh it sure does! Thank you. I have 10 months to not worry! :)

Congrats! Live it up now bc the best part of podiatry school is the time between getting accepted and starting.

Hey way to go! I shall be joining you in the fall, just sent the deposit today! :thumbup:

Oh yayy! Congrats. I was wondering if you got in.. I figured you would. Im sending my deposit in soon. :)

I just sent in my deposit! Yay class of 2018!

Can someone explain what they liked so much about CSPM? And how nice the area is? I've been accepted to Kent, Temple, NYC, and DMU and I need to decide on all of those before I even have my interview with Samuel Merritt (Nov 13) so I want to know if it would be worth going. I have family around there which is why I've been considering it.

There are a variety of reasons that one might chose one school over the other. Whether you graduate from Barry or CSPM you will have a DPM degree. What you need to do is determine what style of learning will be the most beneficial to you during your next 4 years of school.

Of the 5 schools you listed I am sure we could make a large list for each school of what they offer to each student. You should do research by visiting the school website, making phone calls to the admissions staff, and maybe even writing emails to faculty asking what the school has to offer. This will give you a GREAT idea of how you fit into each school's teaching style.

It would also be important to consider the diversity of environment of each school. Sure some schools might be in a more "dangerous" area due to population, but don't you want to have as much podiatry training as possible before doing an externship? Training comes by practice and there is much more practice in a location with a higher population. Unfortunately with higher diversity/population comes higher cost of living and a higher crime rate. At no time have I had problems with crime at CSPM campus but the cost of living is high.

I would say one selling point for CSPM would be small class size. There are programs that say they have a small "class" yet you sit in a class of 300 students. This works for some students but not me. With one teacher to 40-50 students for one subject we are able to have more time with our teachers one on one.

The other selling point would be the early clinical exposure. In our first month we practiced Hallicus blocks and we will be starting rotations at the end of our second semester. Early hands on practice works really well for me but might not be what others might prefer.

Hope this helps!! Good luck.

my interview is coming up!! any advise.. Im nervous!

and what the heck !! all this is going so fast!.. lol There is already a forum for the class of 2018...

Members don't see this ad :)
and what the heck !! all this is going so fast!.. lol There is already a forum for the class of 2018...
Hehe yes yes, I got alittle too excited so I made this thread right when I found out I got accepted. I was the first interview group for the class of 2018 at CSPM. Dont get too nervous! Everyone is really nice and it is not stressful at all. I brought my notebook with me, which had interview questions that I had written down. I just reviewed those in the morning before I went to my interiew. Good luck and have fun!

Hehe yes yes, I got alittle too excited so I made this thread right when I found out I got accepted. I was the first interview group for the class of 2018 at CSPM. Dont get too nervous! Everyone is really nice and it is not stressful at all. I brought my notebook with me, which had interview questions that I had written down. I just reviewed those in the morning before I went to my interiew. Good luck and have fun!

Oh nice! Thanks. ONLY if you don't mind, can you share the kind of questions that were asked. From any school, not just this in particular. Thanks!

I recently reapplied to cspm. Hopefully I will get in and restart what I started a year ago

:soexcited:woohoo! I received my financial aid packet today. Getting more excited to start!

Reactions: 1 users
You did? Awesome! Maybe mine will come soon, too! Can't wait!

Reactions: 1 users
All the excitement will go away when you see the loans you have to take out. LOL. It is pretty exciting.

Reactions: 2 users
Woooooooooooooooooo! I am beyond stoked for this upcoming academic year.

Reactions: 4 users
just sent in my deposit! is there a facebook group for us yet?